Description de l'offre
Amazon's Customer Trust & Partner Support (CTPS) organization is growing and we're seeking a bright, friendly, customer-obsessed and self-motivated Executive Assistant to join our Selling Partner Support Team. This is a great opportunity to join an impactful Amazon business and a stellar EA team, with plenty of new challenges & responsibilities for you to grow and further your professional career.
The 10000+ members of the Selling Partner Support Teams strive to make Amazon the best place for Sellers, Vendors and Brands (our customers) to reach consumers, driven by the experience and support we provide them in growing their businesses locally and globally. We leverage technology including automation, self-service, associate tools, and machine learning to both prevent Seller, Vendor and Brand contacts based on knowledge obtained during our support interactions, and to handle those contacts with quality and efficiency.
Primary Responsibilities (70-80%):
- Complex Calendar Management of 2 Executives and scheduling requirements
- Meeting support to include assisting with conflicts, creating and maintaining invites and assisting with catering orders
- Management of individual and group travel requirements to domestic and/or international locations
- Event planning assistance for overall Marketplace events
Additional Responsibilities (20-30%):
- Space Planning and Office Space Management for a business, or own multiple floors
- Administration of the Kudos Program
The ideal candidate will be an experienced Administrative professional who is looking for their next big opportunity to grow & advance their career. They will be a fast learner with experience working with little to no guidance using sound judgement in a fast paced, goal-oriented, and ever changing work environment. They will also have strong prioritization abilities to complete a high volume of complex tasks autonomously, and a history of establishing mechanisms to simplify or streamline processes and establish structure. The ideal candidate will be a detail oriented planner with the demonstrated ability to communicate and respond effectively and efficiently while maintaining flexibility, a sense of humor, and most importantly grace under pressure.
· Basic Qualifications
· 2+ years of experience assisting multiple Executives in a corporate environment (complex calendar management, meeting coordination, travel coordination, event planning, etc.)
· 2+ years of Project Management/Project Coordination Experience (goal & project tracking, reporting, space planning, budgeting, process improvement, etc).
· Advanced use of the Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Excel, OneNote, PowerPoint, and Word)
· 1+ years of experience working in a fast paced, large, and/or complex work environment
· BA/BS Degree, or a HS Diploma/GED equivalent