At more than 80 award-winning properties worldwide, The Ritz-Carlton Ladies and Gentlemen create experiences so exceptional that long after a guest stays with us, the experience stays with them. As the premier worldwide provider of luxury experiences, we set the standard for rare and special luxury service the world over. We invite you to explore The Ritz-Carlton.
Responsible for the management of all aspects of the Meetings & Special Events division, to include Meetings & Special Events, Audio Visual, Destination Services, Banquets, and Florist and Business Center. Leads, implements, and maintains a management philosophy in alignment with company standards. As a member of the Hotel Guidance Team, develops and implements hotel–wide strategies that deliver products and services to meet or exceed the needs and expectations of guests and employees, and provides a return on investment to the owner and company. The position has overall responsibility for achieving profitability, event planner and employee satisfaction and the financial performance of the function.
Education and Experience
• High school diploma or GED; 4 years experience in the event management, food and beverage, sales and marketing, or related professional area.
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Hotel and Restaurant Management, Hospitality, Business Administration, or related major; 2 years experience in the event management, food and beverage, sales and marketing, or related professional area.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Managing Meetings and Special Events Operations and Budgets
• Researches and analyzes new products, pricing and services of competition.
• Works with direct reports to review scheduled events and troubleshoot potential challenges/conflicts.
• Ensures the property is apprised of all groups that will impact property operations.
• Ensures meeting space and corresponding heart of the house areas are cleaned and maintained.
• Ensures furniture and equipment is maintained and inventory levels are kept in accordance to corporate guidelines.
• Leads the execution of brand service initiatives in event management areas.
• Develops an event management strategy that is aligned with the company's business strategy and leads its execution.
• Conduct daily walk-through of banquet floor to ensure client satisfaction and quality standards.
Leading Meetings and Special Events Teams
• Holds event management team accountable for desired service behaviors related to product and service delivery.
• Communicates a clear and consistent message regarding departmental goals to produce desired results.
• Assists in execution of departmental goals in game plans.
• Ensures brand and regional business initiatives are implemented and communicates follow-up actions to team as necessary.
• Encourages calculated risk-taking to generate incremental revenue and deliver excellent guest service.
• Develops working relationships with outside vendors and establishes prices and service agreements to enhance the event experience and to increase additional revenue opportunities for the property.
• Creates and achieves the Meetings & Special Events' annual operating budget.
• Focuses on building the property's top line revenue by supporting the execution of the annual Meetings & Special Events Marketing Plan, and providing leadership to the team on post-contractual upselling efforts.
• Work with all areas in the Meetings & Special Events division to establish content and pricing.
Ensuring Exceptional Customer Service
• Creates an atmosphere in all event management operations areas that meets or exceeds guest expectations.
• Consult with customers in order to determine objectives and requirements for events such as meetings, conferences, and conventions.
• Review customer feedback data to identify service failures and provide guidance on problem resolution.
Conducting Human Resources Activities
• Works with Human Resources to ensure compliance with all local, state and federal (OSHA, Health Department) regulations.
• Reviews property specific event operations annually and makes appropriate adjustments.
• Reviews staffing levels to ensure that guest service and operational needs are met.
• Communicates and ensures departmental and property emergency procedures are executed when necessary.
• Ensures that regular, ongoing communication is happening in all areas of event operations (e.g., BEO meetings, pre-event briefings, staff meetings, food and beverage team, culinary team).
• Provides performance feedback using company feedback process
The Ritz-Carlton is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. The Ritz-Carlton does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.