Marriott International is the world's largest hotel company, with more brands, more hotels and more opportunities for associates to grow and succeed. We believe a great career is a journey of discovery and exploration. So, we ask, where will your journey take you?
This position is responsible for coordinating a number of different program and tactic deliverables for hotels enrolled in Digital Services by Marriott (MDS), across Marriott Hotel Websites (HWS), Online Travel Agents (OTA), and new/emerging digital channels. The Coordinator, Digital Services by Marriott - Europe will assist in the execution of tactics that support the objectives outlined in a hotel's Digital strategy.
The Coordinator, Digital Services by Marriott - Europe will assist European based Digital Client Services Managers, executing digital marketing strategies that support the management of hotel content and images within the Marriott Digital ecosystem, driving natural search room night growth goals and optimal positioning of Marriott Hotel Websites (HWS) within search engines. All tactics are designed to be economically viable, efficient, repeatable, KPI-driven, and scalable.
The Coordinator, Digital Services by Marriott - Europe is tasked with implementing new techniques and tactics made available to hotels through MDS program activation. This position will work cross-functionally with various Marriott Digital teams to advance the value of digital marketing across enrolled hotels. This role includes collaboration with Strategists, Managers, Sr. Analyst(s), vendors, aiding in the implementation of tactics across programs and for special projects. This position reports to the Snr. Manager, Client Services – Europe.
The Coordinator, Digital Services by Marriott - Europe position is part of the Digital Services by Marriott (MDS) team, Marriott's comprehensive in-house digital services program for hotels. This centralized in-house team provides individual hotels with a range of digital services, and functions as an agency-like model within the Digital organization.
Education and Experience
• 1 year of relevant work experience (SEO, digital marketing, OTA operations, content management, etc.).
• Agency internship or work experience preferred; tactical execution responsibilities a plus.
• Managing Work, Projects, and Policies
• Manages content on behalf of hotels across multiple digital channels, utilizing Marriott internal, external partner and MDS tools and platforms.
• Manages execution of content tactics that support the overarching Marriott Digital strategies and goals.
• Assists in the cross-functional training of Program Management and Client Services team members on Content Operations tactics and processes.
• Assists in prioritizing, organizing, and accomplishing work within Global Client Services Team.
• Easily adapts to the ever-changing digital landscape to implement new processes and execute on new tactics.
• Responsible for managing and coordinating execution of the following tactics through the agreed Marriott Digital Services Process and COE's: (always evolving, and not limited to):
o Marriott HWS content and photography management and updates
o OTA content and photography management and updates
o Photography upload and processing
o OTA content score opportunities
o Third-party website photography distribution
o Comprehensive digital content auditing
o Photo gallery optimization
Content Management and Execution
• Coordinates updates to Marriott HWS and global sites + approved Meta-Search sites and OTAs, such as Expedia, Booking.com, etc.
• Reviews content for quality guidelines and standards; manages updates as necessary.
• Complies with editorial guides and standards to ensure quality, consistency and brand voice.
• Reviews photography requirements and usage rights to comply with HWS standards.
• Works cross-functionally with Digital Services team, as well as regional teams to advance content opportunities at the hotel level.
• Manages the flow of questions and directs inquiries to the appropriate party – vendor, agency, Client Service Manager, manager, etc
• Works with team to execute sustainable work processes that support the program management team and Europe Client Services.
• Employs laser focus on tactic quality and efficiency, working to ensure deliverables are completed to Digital Services standards and timelines.
• Employs the project management system and other resources in place to track tactical work for DS programs.
• Utilizes internal Marriott Digital Services process, content management systems, as well as outside vendor dashboards and tools
• Establishes and maintains documentation to track progress and completion for content related tactics.
Tools and Vendors
• Maintains strong working knowledge of all Marriott internal platforms and systems, including Enterprise Property Information Center (EPIC), Marriott Digital Asset Management (MDAM), Hotel Websites (HWS), Product Marketing Modules (PMM), etc.
• Assists in training on tactical processes and best practices to fellow Analysts and Client Services team members.
• Provides training and support on internal Marriott content systems and tools.
• Attends and participates in all relevant meetings.
• Maintains positive working relations with internal partner teams, vendors, internal Client Service and Operations teams.
• Manages time effectively and conducts activities in an organized manner.
• Performs other reasonable duties as assigned by manager.
• Adaptability - Maintains performance level under pressure or when experiencing changes or challenges in the workplace.
• Communication - Conveys information and ideas to others in a convincing and engaging manner through a variety of methods.
• Problem Solving and Decision Making - Identifies and understands issues, problems, and opportunities; obtains and compares information from different sources to draw conclusions, develops and evaluates alternatives and solutions, solves problems, and chooses a course of action.
• Professional Demeanour - Exhibits behavioural styles that convey confidence and command respect from others; makes a good first impression and represents the company in alignment with its values.
• Building and Contributing to Teams - Participates as a member of a team to move toward the completion of common goals while fostering cohesion and collaboration among team members.
• Driving for Results - Sets high standards of performance for self and/or others; assumes responsibility for work objectives; initiates, focuses, and monitors the efforts of self and/or others toward the accomplishment goals; proactively takes action and goes beyond what is required.
• Planning and Organizing - Gathers information and resources required to set a plan of action for self and/or others; prioritizes and arranges work requirements to accomplish goals and ensure work is completed.
• Coworker Relationships - Interacts with others in a way that builds openness, trust, and confidence in the pursuit of organizational goals and lasting relationships.
• Customer Relationships - Develops and sustains relationships based on an understanding of customer/stakeholder needs and actions consistent with the company's service standards.
• Global Mindset - Supports employees and business partners with diverse styles, abilities, motivations, and/or cultural perspectives; utilizes differences to drive innovation, engagement and enhance business results; and ensures employees are given the opportunity to contribute to their full potential.
Generating Talent and Organizational Capability
• Talent Management - Provides support and feedback to help individuals develop and strengthen skills and abilities needed to accomplish work objectives.
Learning and Applying Professional Expertise
• Applied Learning - Seeks and makes the most of learning opportunities to improve performance of self and/or others.
• Business Acumen - Understands and utilizes business information to manage everyday operations and generate innovative solutions to approach business and administrative challenges.
• Technical Acumen - Understands and utilizes professional skills and knowledge in a specific functional area to conduct and manage everyday business operations and generate innovative solutions to approach function-specific work challenges.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.