Marriott International portfolio of brands includes both JW Marriott and Marriott Hotels.
Marriott Hotels , Marriott International's flagship brand with more than 500 global locations, is advancing the art of hosting so that our guests can travel brilliantly. As a host with Marriott Hotels, you will help keep this promise by delivering premium choices, sophisticated style, and well-crafted details. With your skills and imagination, together we will innovate and reinvent the future of travel.
JW Marriott is part of Marriott International's luxury portfolio and consists of more than 80 beautiful properties in gateway cities and distinctive resort locations around the world. JW believes our associates come first. Because if you're happy, our guests will be happy. It's as simple as that. Our hotels offer a work experience unlike any other, where you'll be part of a community and enjoy a true camaraderie with a diverse group of co-workers. JW creates opportunities for training, development, recognition and most importantly, a place where you can really pursue your passions in a luxury environment. Treating guests exceptionally starts with the way we take care of our associates. That's The JW Treatment™.
Job Summary Including:
· Prepare coffee breaks, carts, and stations with appropriate food and beverages as stated in Banquet Event Order.
· Prepare meeting rooms as stated in Banquet Event Order.
· Communicate additional meal requirements, allergies, dietary needs, and special requests to the kitchen.
· Ensure courses are cleared and tables are properly crumbed.
· Respond to and try to fulfil any special banquet event arrangements.
· Replenish buffet items to ensure consistency and freshness in presentation.
· Monitor tableware to ensure it is presentable to guests.
· Monitor and maintain cleanliness, sanitation, and organization of assigned station and service areas.
Follow all company and safety and security policies and procedures; report any maintenance problems. Ensure uniform and personal appearance are clean and professional. Maintain confidentiality of proprietary information; protect company assets. Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 50 pounds without assistance. Assist with moving, lifting, carrying, and placing of objects weighing in excess of 75 pounds. Stand, sit, or walk for an extended period of time or for an entire work shift. Read and visually verify information in a variety of formats (e. g., small print). Grasp, turn, and manipulate objects of varying size and weight, requiring fine motor skills and hand-eye coordination. Reach overhead and below the knees, including bending, twisting, pulling, and stooping. Move over sloping, uneven, or slippery surfaces and steps. Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by Supervisors.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.