At Sheraton, we go above and beyond in everything we do. We are inspired by our guests and one another – and are driven to make things better. We love what we do, and we give it all we've got – on property and off. When guests stay with us, it's not just a room with a bed that they're buying. It's an experience. We're looking for someone who is ready to go beyond in everything they do. If you are someone with a genuine drive to improve your life and the lives of those around you, we encourage you to explore careers with Sheraton.
Ideal candidate profile
We are currently recruiting for a Concierge Porter to join our award winning Concierge team at the Sheraton Grand Hotel & Spa.
Sheraton Grand Hotel & Spa is one of Scotland's leading 5 star hotels. As the largest 5 star hotel, we also have the biggest banqueting and meeting facilities of any hotel in Edinburgh with a capacity of up to 500 along with our One Square Restaurant and bar.
The ideal candidate will have a passion for delivering great service in a professional manner and be able to work well under pressure.
This role plays an integral part in the guest experience by offering assistance to guests with Concierge services including entertainment/dining bookings, sending and receiving courier packages, assisting with luggage and directing guests within and outside of the Hotel. To answer guest questions and resolve issues whilst exceeding expectations at all times.
This key team member is responsible for:
· Knowing regular guest names and requirements
· Accurate knowledge of hotel facilities and services
· Answer guest questions and resolve guest problems
· Know the names, functions and locations of the Management Team
· Be aware of daily functions, events, VIP and group arrivals
· To carry out any other duties as required
The successful candidate will be proactive and will be an excellent communicator (verbal and written) as well as:
· Great Customer Service Skills - Must enjoy guest interaction, be able to anticipate guest needs and maintain a positive and professional attitude at all times.
· Must be able to maintain a high level of product and service knowledge in order to explain and sell services and facilities to guests.
· Must be a Team Player – Demonstrate experience of building positive working relationships and promoting team spirit.
· Essential Computer Skills - Knowledge of Opera is preferred, Microsoft Word and Excel is essential.
· Valid UK Driving Licence
In return we offer you a competitive salary, a share in Tips as well as unlimited career opportunities, industry leading benefits (including: Uniform, complimentary laundry, free meals on duty) and an environment where your development is our priority. We offer a monthly training calendar full of developmental courses designed to aid career progression.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.