Description de l'offre
Marriott International is the world's largest hotel company, with more brands, more hotels and more opportunities for associates to grow and succeed. We believe a great career is a journey of discovery and exploration. So, we ask, where will your journey take you?
Performs assigned activities and responsibilities that support an effective project purchasing process as part of a purchasing team (reports to Purchasing Manager).
· Completes project purchase orders and ensures timely delivery of quality materials.
· Coordinates and balances project workload and ensures projects are completed on schedule.
· Queries vendors/suppliers on lead times, price points in preparation for completing purchase orders.
· Communicates schedule requirements and changes to vendors and installation contractors.
· Assists in validation and execution of delivery schedules with suppliers, installers, freight companies and properties.
· Tracks project materials with vendors to maintain schedule and expedites exceptions to minimize delays.
· Maintains project correspondence and tracking of documents, samples and drawings.
· Informs designers or client of damage, loss, discontinued, long lead or returned items; obtains reselections.
· Functions as day-to-day contact for routine project issues.
· Resolves damage/loss issues with vendors, carriers and receiving locations.
· Completes and implements Bill of Material changes and notifies appropriate associates and/or clients of changes, cost and delivery impact.
· Monitors and resolves receipt/inventory issues with receiving locations.
· Assists the Agent/Manager with project closeout reconciliation process.
· Obtains warehouse, drapery closing inventory reports; research reasons for excess inventory, obtain disposition from client.
· Ability to Travel
· Purchasing system knowledge
· Verbal, written communications skills
· Computer proficiency
· Team player and ability to work independently
· Knowledgeable about innovation within industry
· Solid understanding of business practices
· Basic problem solving skills
· Ability to build strong working relationships
· Solid customer service skills
· Basic negotiation skills
· Solid organizational skills
· 4-year degree preferred or equivalent work experience within the industry.
· Minimum 2 years' experience in procurement, preferably in the hospitality design industry
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.