Marriott International portfolio of brands includes both JW Marriott and Marriott Hotels.
Marriott Hotels , Marriott International's flagship brand with more than 500 global locations, is advancing the art of hosting so that our guests can travel brilliantly. As a host with Marriott Hotels, you will help keep this promise by delivering premium choices, sophisticated style, and well-crafted details. With your skills and imagination, together we will innovate and reinvent the future of travel.
JW Marriott is part of Marriott International's luxury portfolio and consists of more than 80 beautiful properties in gateway cities and distinctive resort locations around the world. JW believes our associates come first. Because if you're happy, our guests will be happy. It's as simple as that. Our hotels offer a work experience unlike any other, where you'll be part of a community and enjoy a true camaraderie with a diverse group of co-workers. JW creates opportunities for training, development, recognition and most importantly, a place where you can really pursue your passions in a luxury environment. Treating guests exceptionally starts with the way we take care of our associates. That's The JW Treatment™.
Complete opening and closing duties including setting up necessary supplies and tools, cleaning all equipment and areas, locking doors, etc. Check with captain or supervisor before leaving at end of shift. Set up, stock, and maintain work areas. Stock ice, glassware, and paper supplies. Remove soiled wares from bar top and tables. Maintain cleanliness and condition of work areas, bar, bar unit, tables, and other tools, following all set-up guidelines. E / BUSINESS CON
· Previous experience working within a Bar or similar environment preferred
Skills and Knowledge
· Strong Communication skills (verbal, listening, writing)
· Pro-active and reliable
· Able to work alone and within a team
Education or Certification
· Good level of English essential FIC DUTIES
General Food and Beverage Services
· Maintain cleanliness of work areas throughout the day, practicing clean-as-you-go procedures.
· Notify management of maintenance repairs issues.
· Report any employee, guest, and/or vendor incidents and accidents to management and Loss Prevention at the time of the incident and/or accident.
· Follow appropriate procedures for serving alcohol (e.g., TIPs (Training for Intervention Procedures), CARE (Control Alcohol Risks Effectively)).
· Assist your and other departments when needed to ensure optimum service to guests.
· Complete closing duties, including storing all reusable goods, breaking down goods, cleaning all equipment and areas, returning equipment to proper locations, locking refrigerators, restocking items, turning off lights, locking doors, and completing daily cleaning checklist.
· Check with captain or supervisor before leaving at end of shift.
· Set up, stock, and maintain work areas.
· Address guests' service needs in a professional, positive, and timely manner.
· Welcome and acknowledge each and every guest with a smile, eye contact, and a friendly verbal greeting, using the guest's name when possible.
· Assist other employees to ensure proper coverage and prompt guest service.
· Thank guests with genuine appreciation and provide a fond farewell.
· Provide assistance to individuals with disabilities, including assisting visually, hearing, or physically-impaired individuals within guidelines (e.g., escorting them when requested, using words to explain actions, writing directions on paper, moving objects out of the way, or offering access to Braille or TDD phones).
· Anticipate guests' service needs, including asking questions of guests to better understand their needs and watching/listening to guest preferences and acting on them whenever possible.
· Actively listen and respond positively to guest questions, concerns, and requests using brand or property specific process (e.g., LEARN, PLEASED, Guest Response, LEAP) to resolve issues, delight, and build trust.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.