Description de l'offre
Marriott International portfolio of brands includes both JW Marriott and Marriott Hotels.
Marriott Hotels , Marriott International's flagship brand with more than 500 global locations, is advancing the art of hosting so that our guests can travel brilliantly. As a host with Marriott Hotels, you will help keep this promise by delivering premium choices, sophisticated style, and well-crafted details. With your skills and imagination, together we will innovate and reinvent the future of travel.
Exhibits culinary talents by personally performing tasks while leading the banquet food preparation staff. Assists in coordinating menus, purchasing, scheduling, food preparation and plating for catering events. The individual is responsible for delivering a consistent, high quality product with an appetizing presentation. Works to continually improve guest and employee satisfaction while maintaining the operating budget. Must ensure sanitation and food standards are achieved.
Education and Experience
· High school diploma or GED; 1 years experience in the culinary, food and beverage, or related professional area.
· 2-year degree from an accredited university in Culinary Arts, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major; 1 year experience in the culinary, food and beverage, or related professional area.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Ensuring Culinary Standards and Responsibilities are Met
· Assists in determining how food should be presented and creates decorative food displays.
· Attends daily Banquet Event meetings to review culinary requirements.
· Checks the quality of raw and cooked food products to ensure that standards are met.
· Assists in developing, designing, or creating new applications, ideas, relationships, systems, or products, including artistic contributions.
· Ensures compliance with all Food & Beverage policies, standards and procedures.
· Estimates daily Banquet Event Order production needs.
· Follows proper handling and right temperature of all food products.
· Maintains food preparation handling and correct storage standards.
· Manages BEO process including menu development, pricing, tracking and ordering.
· Manages food quantities and plating requirements for all banquet functions.
· Prepares and cooks foods of all types, either on a regular basis or for special guests or functions
Assisting in Managing Culinary Teams
· Communicates production needs to key personnel.
· Communicates regularly with employees to ensure performance expectations are clear.
· Encourages and builds mutual trust, respect, and cooperation among team members.
· Ensures and maintains the productivity level of employees.
· Ensures employees understand expectations and parameters
· Identifies the developmental needs of others and coaching, mentoring, or otherwise helping others to improve their knowledge or skills
Serves as a role model to demonstrate appropriate behaviors.
· Supervises and manages employees. Manages all day-to-day operations. Understands employee positions well enough to perform duties in employees' absences
Free hot meals on shifts
Statutory and on-job training
Statutory benefits e.g. sick pay, maternity pay etc., should you meet the minimum earnings criteria
Local benefits – discounted use of Fitness Club - £5 day pass, £30 monthly.
Participation in Associate Appreciation Week and Wellbeing events
Opportunity to view, and apply for, current permanent vacancies
A little more about us..
The Marriott International brand has more than 500 global locations; we advance in the art of hosting so that our guests can travel brilliantly. As a host with Marriott Hotels, you will help keep this promise by delivering premium choices, sophisticated style, and well-crafted details. With your skills and imagination, together we will innovate and reinvent the future of travel.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under UK or local laws.
Closing date for applications 24th September 2018