Description de l'offre
The Beverage Associate will be expected to achieve service standards on the bars during events. The job responsibilities will include; working with the supervisors and colleagues to ensure a quick, efficient service and assisting and serving guests at the bars throughout events.
A proactive approach should be adopted towards business efficiencies, whilst developing the product and product delivery, to ensure it is in keeping with a standard that is corresponds with a 5 star hotel.
· Previous experience working within food & beverage or similar environment preferred
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
· Good communication skills (verbal, listening, writing).
· Pro-active and reliable.
· Able to work within a team.
· Able to work in a busy environment.
· Education or Certification.
· Good level of English essential.
JW Marriott is part of Marriott International's luxury portfolio and consists of more than 80 beautiful properties in gateway cities and distinctive resort locations around the world. JW believes our associates come first. Because if you’re happy, our guests will be happy. It’s as simple as that. Our hotels offer a work experience unlike any other, where you’ll be part of a community and enjoy a true camaraderie with a diverse group of co-workers. JW creates opportunities for training, development, recognition and most importantly, a place where you can really pursue your passions in a luxury environment. Treating guests exceptionally starts with the way we take care of our associates. That’s The JW Treatment™.
The following are specific responsibilities and contributions critical to the successful performance of the position:
· Arrive on duty at the required time and to adhere to the company grooming standards.
· Preparation of equipment.
· Polishing glasses.
· Setting up trays for drink reception.
· Handling cash.
· Dealing with Micros and taking payments with PDQ.
· Assisting in the cleanliness of the bar.
· Ensure a timely and friendly service.
· Keeping all work and guest areas clean and presentable.
· Greet guests in a warm and friendly manner.
· Helping to manage stock on the bars and communicating with supervisors with daily orders.
· Completing wastage sheets.
· Be familiar and ensure that Marriott’s Health and Safety policy is adhered to at all times.
· Treat all colleagues and guests in a polite and courteous manner.
· To make sure that every guest leaves satisfied.
· To ensure a high standard of service is consistently provided to guests.
· To report all equipment malfunctions and maintenance to a Supervisor / Manager.
· Ensure that no complaints are received in regard to company procedure, attitude or poor customer care.
· Any other reasonable request made by management.
HEALTH AND SAFETY
· Be familiar with all Health and Safety instructions relevant to your area of work.
· Adhere to all current legislation pertaining to fire, health and safety in connection with the Conference and Banqueting Department.
· Performs other related tasks as assigned by management.
· Complies with Marriott International Hotels Limited Regional Office policies and procedures.
· Working hours as required to do your job but normally not less than 40 hours per week.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.