Marriott International portfolio of brands includes both JW Marriott and Marriott Hotels.
Marriott Hotels , Marriott International's flagship brand with more than 500 global locations, is advancing the art of hosting so that our guests can travel brilliantly. As a host with Marriott Hotels, you will help keep this promise by delivering premium choices, sophisticated style, and well-crafted details. With your skills and imagination, together we will innovate and reinvent the future of travel.
JW Marriott is part of Marriott International's luxury portfolio and consists of more than 80 beautiful properties in gateway cities and distinctive resort locations around the world. JW believes our associates come first. Because if you're happy, our guests will be happy. It's as simple as that. Our hotels offer a work experience unlike any other, where you'll be part of a community and enjoy a true camaraderie with a diverse group of co-workers. JW creates opportunities for training, development, recognition and most importantly, a place where you can really pursue your passions in a luxury environment. Treating guests exceptionally starts with the way we take care of our associates. That's The JW Treatment™.
Assists in the championing, development, and implementation of property-wide strategies that deliver products and services to meet or exceed the needs and expectations of the brand's target customer and property employees. Provides financial expertise to enable the successful implementation of the brand service strategy and brand initiatives while maximizing the return on investment. In addition, assists in the creation and execution of a business plan that is aligned with the property and brand's business strategy and focuses on the execution of financial and accounting activities and the delivery of desirable financial results.
Education and Experience
• 4-year bachelor's degree in Finance and Accounting or related major; 1 years experience in the finance and accounting or related professional area.
• Master's degree in Finance and Accounting or related major; no work experience required.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Assisting in Strategic Planning and Decision Making
• Develops means to improve profit, including estimating cost and benefit, exploring new business opportunities, etc.
• Analyzes information, forecasts sales against expenses and creates annual budget plans.
• Compiles information, analyzes and monitors actual sales against projected sales.
• Analyzes differences between actual budget wages and forecasted wages for more efficient budget planning.
• Assists in identifying the underlying principles, reasons, or facts of information by breaking down information or data into separate parts.
• Thinks creatively and practically to assist in the development, execution and implementation of new business plans
• Assists in the creation of the annual operating budget for the property.
• Provides analytical support during budget reviews to identify cost saving and productivity opportunities for property managers.
• Assists in the implementation of a system of appropriate controls to manage business risks.
• Analyzes financial data and market trends.
• Assists in the development and implementation of a comprehensive annual business plan which is aligned with the company's and brand's strategic direction.
• Provides on going analytical support by monitoring the operating department's actual and projected sales.
• Produces accurate forecasts that enable operations to react to changes in the business.
Leading Finance & Accounting Team
• Utilizes interpersonal and communication skills to lead, influence, and encourage others; advocates sound financial/business decision making; demonstrates honesty/integrity; leads by example.
• Communicates the strategic goals, the focus and the owner priorities to subordinates in a clear and precise manner.
• Oversees internal, external and regulatory audit processes.
• Provides excellent leadership by assigning team members and other departments managers' clear accountability backed by appropriate authority.
• Conducts annual performance appraisals with direct reports according to Standard Operating Procedures.
Anticipating and Delivering on the Needs of Key Stakeholders
• Attends meetings and communicates with the owners, understanding the priorities and strategic focus.
• Understands and meets the needs of key stakeholders (owners, corporate, guests, etc.).
• Communicates financial concepts in a clear and persuasive manner that is easy to understand and drives desired behaviors.
• Demonstrates an understanding of cash flow and owner priorities.
• Manages communication with owners in an effective manner.
• Manages property working capital and cash flow in accordance with brand SOPs and owner requirements.
• Facilitates critique meetings to review information with management team.
Developing and Maintaining Finance and Accounting Goals
• Ensures Profits and Losses are documented accurately.
• Monitors all taxes that apply, ensuring that taxes are current, collected and/or accrued.
• Submits reports in a timely manner, ensuring delivery deadlines.
• Develops and supports achievement of performance goals, budget goals, team goals, etc.
• Improves profit growth in operating departments.
• Reviews audit issues to ensure accuracy.
Managing Projects and Policies
• Generates and provides accurate and timely results in the form of reports, presentations, etc.
• Reconciles balance sheet to ensure account balances are supported by appropriate documentation in accordance with SOPs.
• Ensures that the P&L is accurate (e.g., costs are properly matched to revenue, costs are recorded in the proper accounts).
• Ensures compliance with management contract and reporting requirements.
• Ensures compliance with standard and local operating procedures (SOPs and LSOPs).
• Ensures compliance with Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
Managing and Conducting Human Resource Activities
• Ensures team members are cross-trained to support successful daily operations.
• Ensures property policies are administered fairly and consistently.
• Ensures new hires participate in the department's orientation program.
• Ensures new hires receive the appropriate new hire training to successfully perform their job.
• Creates appropriate development plans which develop team members based on their individual strengths, development needs, career aspirations and abilities.
• Conduct performance review process for employees.
• Participates in hiring activities as appropriate.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.