Posting Date Mar 01, 2021
Job Number 21016157
Job Category Human Resources
Location Sheraton Grand Mirage Resort Port Douglas, Port Douglas Road, Port Douglas, Queensland, Australia VIEW ON MAP
Brand Sheraton Hotels & Resorts
Position Type Management
Located Remotely? N
At Sheraton, we go above and beyond in everything we do. We are inspired by our guests and one another – and are driven to make things better. We love what we do, and we give it all we’ve got – on property and off. When guests stay with us, it’s not just a room with a bed that they’re buying. It’s an experience. We’re looking for someone who is ready to go beyond in everything they do. If you are someone with a genuine drive to improve your life and the lives of those around you, we encourage you to explore careers with Sheraton.
Marriott International is the world's leading global hospitality company, with more brands, more hotels and more opportunities for associates to grow and succeed. With 5,700 properties, you'll find us in your neighbourhood and in more than 110 countries across the globe. Learn about our 30 hotel brands at www.marriott.com/marriott-brands.mi. Find Your World.™
This iconic Resort is situated between the renowned Great Barrier Reef and the Daintree Rainforest in Tropical North Queensland. The resort comprises 295 guest rooms, suites and villas.
About the role
Learning & Development and Talent Acquisition are essential for this growing role. The position reports to the Human Resources Manager.
Responsibilities include and are not limited to:
· Ability to deliver training that is both inspirational and engaging
· Ensures all associates are on boarded and trained in Marriott and Sheraton Standards
· Promotes empowerment through the engagement of associates
· Supports all Human Resources activities
· Thorough understanding of Resort's Industrial Agreement, IR policies, practices, procedures and compliance
· Markets and promotes the Resort as an employer of choice in the region
· Assists with WorkCover claims and RTW programs
· Good knowledge of payroll processes
· Responsible for an annual training plan and budget
· Provide advise and counselling for associates and Department Managers
· Preferred applicants will have valid working rights to work in Australia. Sponsorship will not be available for this position
Enjoy the benefits of unlimited career opportunities, exceptionally generous accommodation discounts at our 5 star International Hotels and Resorts Worldwide. Working for Sheraton is so much more than just a job, it's a lifestyle. Be your best. Grow your career with Sheraton, where you don't just work – you belong.
Skills and experience
The successful applicant will have:
· High school certificate or equivalent qualification
· 2 year degree in Human Resources, Business Administration or related major (desirable)
· At least 3 years in similar role (essential)
· Experience in an International standard 4 or 5 star Hotel (desirable)
· Certificate IV Workplace Trainer and Assessor (desirable)
· First Aid Certificate (desirable) Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.