Marriott International is the world's largest hotel company, with more brands, more hotels and more opportunities for associates to grow and succeed. We believe a great career is a journey of discovery and exploration. So, we ask, where will your journey take you?
The Assistant Manager will report directly to the Senior Manager, Financial Reporting and Analysis and be an integral member of the team. This highly motivated individual will have a wide range of responsibilities supporting several key processes, which include reporting and performing analytical activities on the P&L, Business Plan, and Budget, as well as responding to ad hoc request from internal and external stakeholders.
· P&L Reporting
· Manage the periodic and quarterly P&L reporting and analysis functions. This includes ensuring that activity is recorded in accordance with GAAP; analyzing the profit & loss statements, profit bridges, other financial and statistical supporting schedules.
· Manage the P&L forecasting process for specific financial statement lines, ensuring completeness, reasonableness, and accuracy.
· Analyze statistical data received from the properties. Determine if all data is being reported consistently. Evaluate and report on trends and resolve issues.
· Assist in the preparation of quarterly segment bridge to satisfy external reporting requirements.
· Business Plan and Budget Reporting
· Manage the end-to-end processes of the annual business plan for assigned line items of the NALO P&L. This will include partnering with Continent reporting teams, ensuring fees and statistical information are properly recorded, analyzed, explained, and supported.
· Participate in the business plan presentation to senior management.
· Ensure completion and validation of annual budget spreads recorded to the ledger.
· Other Additional Responsibilities
· Prepare schedules required in support of the external audit, including interim and year-end PBC's.
· Division owner responsibilities, including serving as a lead for requests received from properties and other corporate departments for system maintenance, combo edit requests, and chartfield ownership changes. Assist with other FR&A reporting projects.
· Collaborate with internal stakeholders regarding updates to financial system metadata.
· Leverage various reporting tools including HFM, Essbase, SmartView, EPM and others to ensure more efficient and accurate preparation and analysis of financial statements.
Skill Requirements :
· At least four years of progressive job experience in accounting.
· Self-starter and highly motivated. Proactive in identifying and solving issues.
· Ability to work on and prioritize multiple projects while meeting required goals and deadlines. Effective in prioritizing work and following through on commitments.
· Strong interpersonal skills. Ability to work effectively with peers and all levels of management in a collaborative work environment.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· Experience with Excel is essential, Peoplesoft and the Hyperion Reporting Suite a plus.
· Positive attitude, a high level of enthusiasm and energy.
· Strong problem solving and analytical skills – ability to develop alternatives and solutions.
· Bachelor's degree in accounting or related field.
· CPA Preferred.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.