Description de l'offre
Marriott Hotels , Marriott International's flagship brand with more than 500 global locations, is advancing the art of hosting so that our guests can travel brilliantly. As a host with Marriott Hotels, you will help keep this promise by delivering premium choices, sophisticated style, and well-crafted details. With your skills and imagination, together we will innovate and reinvent the future of travel.
Position responsible for assigned food and beverage/culinary operations. Oversees guest and employee satisfaction, maintaining standards and meeting or exceeding financial goals.
Education and Experience
· High school diploma or GED; 3 years experience in the food and beverage, culinary, or related professional area.
· 2-year degree from an accredited university in Food Service Management, Hotel and Restaurant Management, Hospitality, Business Administration, or related major; 1 year experience in the food and beverage, culinary, or related professional area.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Assisting in Food and Beverage Operations
· Creates and nurtures a property environment that emphasizes motivation, empowerment, teamwork, continuous improvement and a passion for providing service.
· Provides excellent customer service to all employees.
· Responds quickly and proactively to employee's concerns.
· Uses coaching skills throughout the property.
· Demonstrates self confidence, energy and enthusiasm.
· Motivates and encourages staff to solve guest and employee related concerns.
Ensuring Exceptional Customer Service
· Provides excellent customer service.
· Responds quickly and proactively to guest's concerns.
· Understands the brand's service culture.
· Sets service expectations for all guests internally and externally.
· Takes ownership of a guest complaint/problem until it is resolved or it has been addressed by the appropriate manager or employee.
· Follows up to ensure complaints have been addressed to the guest's satisfaction.
· Develops a relationship with all guests to build repeated clientele internally and externally.
Additional Responsibilities as Assigned
· Complies with all corporate accounting procedures.
· Assists F&B Manager as needed with audits.
· Adaptability - Maintains performance level under pressure or when experiencing changes or challenges in the workplace.
· Communication - Conveys information and ideas to others in a convincing and engaging manner through a variety of methods.
· Problem Solving and Decision Making - Identifies and understands issues, problems, and opportunities; obtains and compares information from different sources to draw conclusions, develop and evaluate alternatives and solutions, solve problems, and choose a course of action.
· Professional Demeanor - Exhibits behavioral styles that convey confidence and command respect from others; makes a good first impression and represents the company in alignment with its values.
· Building and Contributing to Teams - Actively participates as a member of a team to move the team toward the completion of goals.
· Driving for Results - Sets high standards of performance for self and/or others; assumes responsibility for work objectives; initiates, focuses, and monitors the efforts of self and/or others toward the accomplishment goals; proactively takes action and goes beyond what is required.
· Planning and Organizing - Gathers information and resources required to set a plan of action for self and/or others; prioritizes and arranges work requirements to accomplish goals and ensure work is completed.
· Coworker Relationships - Interacts with others in a way that builds openness, trust, and confidence in the pursuit of organizational goals and lasting relationships.
· Customer Relationships - Develops and sustains relationships based on an understanding of customer needs and actions consistent with the company's service standards.
· Global Mindset - Supports employees and business partners with diverse styles, abilities, motivations, and/or cultural perspectives; utilizes differences to drive innovation, engagement and enhance business results; and ensures employees are given the opportunity to contribute to their full potential.
Generating Talent and Organizational Capability
· Organizational Capability - Evaluates and adapts the structure of own assignments and suggests improvements to work processes to best fit the needs and/or support the goals of an organizational unit.
· Talent Management - Provides support and feedback to help individuals develop and strengthen skills and abilities needed to accomplish work objectives.
Learning and Applying Professional Expertise
· Applied Learning - Seeks and makes the most of learning opportunities to improve performance of self and/or others.
· Business Acumen - Understands and utilizes business information to manage everyday operations.
· Technical Acumen - Understands and utilizes professional skills and knowledge in a specific functional area to conduct.
· Food Production and Presentation - Knowledge of techniques and equipment for preparing and presenting food products (both plant and animal) for consumption, including storage/handling techniques and sanitation standards. Willingness to adhere to internal company standards.
· Food and Beverage Marketing - Knowledge of local and internal marketing efforts to drive revenue. Develops and executes marketing plans using relevant information as appropriate such as feedback gathered from customers.
· Food and Beverage Inventory - Knowledge of procedures and techniques for food storage and rotation, quality assurance audit requirements, merchandising food products, inventory and supply storage, and shift production.
· Food and Beverage Sanitation - Knowledge of procedures and techniques for kitchen maintenance, cleaning, and use of sanitation systems; use of grease trap; trash compactor(s), Baler operation, dish machines, and other equipment. Knowledge of techniques for care and cleaning of silver, stainless steel, and dish machines.
· Bar Concepts - Promotion of beer, wine, and spirits to drive awareness and sales; marketing restaurant and bar concepts and events; knowledge of industry trends in food, beverage, and design to maintain competitive.
· Coffee and Tea Service - Knowledge of coffee and coffee equipment and procedures for brewing and preparing coffee and specialty drinks; understanding of coffee break standards and service.
· Dining - Knowledge of procedures and techniques for seating guests; menu content and creation; MICROS system; taking dining and room service orders; doorknob menus; room service delivery, etiquette, safety, and security; amenity process and delivery; food and beverage service standards, service cart setup.
· Restaurant/Event Room Operations - Knowledge of procedures for managing restaurant room set-up, management of host/hostess station, maintenance of fine silver, setting tables, break down of room, management of coat check, management of staff/associates, creation of checklists, audits, LSOPs, and maintenance of a high quality dining environment (music, lighting, temperature), as well as opening and closing.
· Basic Competencies - Fundamental competencies required for accomplishing basic work activities.
· Basic Computer Skills - Uses basic computer hardware and software (e.g., personal computers, word processing software, Internet browsers, etc.).
· Mathematical Reasoning - Demonstrates ability to add, subtract, multiply, or divide quickly, correctly, and in a way that allows one to solve work-related issues.
· Oral Comprehension - Demonstrates ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
· Reading Comprehension - Demonstrates understanding of written sentences and paragraphs in work-related documents.
· Writing - Communicates effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.