Posting Date Apr 01, 2021
Job Number 21029718
Job Category Event Management
Location Sheraton Cairo Hotel & Casino, Galae Square P. O. Box 11, Cairo, Egypt, Egypt VIEW ON MAP
Brand Sheraton Hotels & Resorts
Position Type Management
Located Remotely? N
At Sheraton, we go above and beyond in everything we do. We are inspired by our guests and one another – and are driven to make things better. We love what we do, and we give it all we’ve got – on property and off. When guests stay with us, it’s not just a room with a bed that they’re buying. It’s an experience. We’re looking for someone who is ready to go beyond in everything they do. If you are someone with a genuine drive to improve your life and the lives of those around you, we encourage you to explore careers with Sheraton.
Position assists the Manager in the execution of meetings and events and driving the implementation of the brand service strategy and brand initiatives. Works to meet customer needs at meetings and events and assists in growing event revenues. Handles issues and conflicts that may arise duing meetings or events. Conducts daily walk-through of banquet floor to drive client satisfaction and maintain quality standards.
Education and Experience
• High school diploma or GED; 2 years experience in the event management, food and beverage, sales and marketing, or related professional area.
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Hotel and Restaurant Management, Hospitality, Business Administration, or related major; 1 year experience in the event management, food and beverage, sales and marketing, or related professional area.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Assisting in Managing Meetings and Special Events Operations
• Researches and analyzes new products, pricing and services of competition.
• Reviews scheduled events and troubleshoot potential challenges/conflicts.
• Assists in coordinating all groups that will impact property operations.
• Assists in overseeing cleaning and maintenance of meeting space and corresponding heart of the house areas.
• Assists in overseeing furniture and equipment maintenance and that inventory levels are kept in accordance to corporate guidelines.
• Assists in the execution of brand service initiatives in event management areas.
• Conducts daily walk-through of banquet floor to drive client satisfaction and maintain quality standards.
Assisting in Budgets and Finances
• Develops working relationships with outside vendors and establishes prices and service agreements to enhance the event experience and to increase additional revenue opportunities for the property.
• Assists in creating the annual banquet budget.
Driving Exceptional Customer Service
• Creates an atmosphere in all event management operations areas that meets or exceeds guest expectations.
• Consult with customers in order to determine objectives and requirements for events such as meetings, conferences, and conventions.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.