Posting Date Mar 24, 2021
Job Number 21025918
Job Category Finance & Accounting
Location W Brisbane, 81 North Quay, Brisbane, QUEENSLAND, Australia VIEW ON MAP
Brand W Hotels
Position Type Management
Located Remotely? N
Boldly coloring outside the lines of luxury, W turns the traditional notion of the extravagant hotel on its head. Our irreverent attitude and taste for excess redefine revelry for the modern jet set. Our guests have a lust for a life less ordinary that drives them to demand more, experience it all, and hit repeat.
We share our guests’ passions, providing insider access to what’s new and what’s next. Moderation is not in our vocabulary and we know that lust for life demands more, not less. W guests soak it in and live each day with a mantra: Detox.Retox.Repeat. If you’re ready to create the energetic W scene that is magnetic to everyday disruptors around the world, then we invite you to explore a career with W Hotels.
W DOESN'T RECRUIT EMPLOYEES,
WE CAST TALENT
Boldly coloring outside the lines of luxury, W turns the traditional notion of the extravagant hotel on its head. Our irreverent attitude and taste for excess redefines revelry for the modern jet set.
W SITS ALONGSIDE LUXURY, NOT
CONFINED BY IT
We share our guests’ passions, providing insider access to what’s new and what’s next. Moderation is not in our vocabulary and we know that lust for life demands more, not less. W guests soak it in and live each day with a mantra: Detox.Retox.Repeat. If you’re ready to create the W scene that is magnetic to everyday disruptors around the world, then we invite you to explore a career with W Hotels.
WE’RE IN THE KNOW,
SO YOU’RE IN THE KNOW
Whatever/Whenever® service caters to every need in a personalized and personable way – friendly, unscripted, real and connected. This is amplified by W Insiders: tapped-in Talent who provide guests insider access to everything locals are buzzing about. W Talent relate to guests’ edgy attitude and thrive in a setting where they can be true to themselves.
W Brisbane invites you to own the moment and ignite your career by applying for our ASSISTANT DIRECTOR OF FINANCE role . Be bold, defy the normal and experience the limitless fun and development W Brisbane has to offer. You will support the Director of Finance by leading our Finance team and ensure all day-to-day operation is managed. Your core responsibilities include but are not limited to;
· Generates and reviews financials reports that are linked to the hotel’s financial goals
· Produces accurate and timely financial reports to support effective decision-making
· Maintains a strong accounting & operationally controlled environment that safeguards’ assets
· Reconciles balance sheet and ensures account balances are supported by appropriate documentation in accordance with SOPs
· Ensures that the P&L is accurate (i.e. costs are properly matched to revenue, costs are recorded in the proper accounts) and statements are delivered to appropriate individuals in a timely manner
· Oversees internal, external and regulatory audit processes and ensures compliance with SOPs
· Provides analytical support during budget reviews to identify cost saving and productivity opportunities
· Uses computers and computer systems (including hardware and software) to program, write software, set up functions, enter data, or process information
· Uses relevant information and individual judgment to determine whether events or processes comply with laws, regulations, or standards
· A hands on leader who will be the key driver of revenue, loyalty and culture with excellent attention to detail
So steal the scene and apply now! You will also need these attributes:
· You believe in the brand, and the brand will be in your DNA
· Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills and have a high attention to detail
· Focused on relationship building with both internal and external stakeholders
· You are strategic and business driven to succeed
· You lead from the front and execute with passion
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.