At more than 80 award-winning properties worldwide, The Ritz-Carlton Ladies and Gentlemen create experiences so exceptional that long after a guest stays with us, the experience stays with them. As the premier worldwide provider of luxury experiences, we set the standard for rare and special luxury service the world over. We invite you to explore The Ritz-Carlton.
Owned by multinational developer, Far East Consortium, The Ritz-Carlton, Perth will be a prominent anchor point within Perth's Elizabeth Quay development. Sitting just 30 metres from the waterfront, the 205-room hotel will occupy a 28-storey tower, which will also include a selection of impressive residential apartments. The Ritz-Carlton, Perth, together with The Towers at Elizabeth Quay, an upscale residential development located beside the hotel, will sit atop exclusive retail space, fine-dining experiences, and waterfront access. The Ritz-Carlton, Perth will also offer guests world-class amenities, including four distinctive restaurants and bars. The hotel is also ideally positioned to accommodate conference and meeting space demand in the city with 2,000 square metres of conference space, including a spacious 572 square metres ballroom fitted with the latest AV technology. Other facilities at the hotel include a Fitness Centre, which offers a gym, spa, and outdoor infinity swimming pool, while an open-roof courtyard with tropical, landscaped gardens creates a resort feel in a bustling city.
The hotel is set to open November 2019.
Entry level management position that is assists in the daily operations in all Bars of the hotel. Position assists with menu planning, maintains sanitation standards, assists servers and hosts on the floor during peak meal periods and supervises Bars Department. Responsibilities include ensuring guest and employee satisfaction while maintaining the operating budget. Accountable to ensure standards and legal obligations are followed.
Education and Experience
• High school diploma or GED; 3 years experience in the food and beverage, culinary, or related professional area.
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Food Service Management, Hotel and Restaurant Management, Hospitality, Business Administration, or related major; 1 year experience in the food and beverage, culinary, or related professional area.
Candidates must have unrestricted working rights in Australia to be eligible to be considered for this position.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Assisting in Management of Bars Team
• Handles employee questions and concerns.
• Monitors employees to ensure performance expectations are met.
• Provides feedback to employees based on observation of service behaviors.
• Assists in supervising daily shift operations.
• Supervises restaurant and all related areas in the absence of the Bars Manager.
• Participates in department meetings by communicating a clear and consistent message regarding the departmental goals to produce desired results.
Conducting Day-to-Day Restaurant Operations
• Ensures all employees have proper supplies, equipment and uniforms.
• Communicates to Chef and Bars Manager on any issues regarding food quality and service levels.
• Assists in ensuring compliance with all bar policies, standards and procedures.
• Monitors alcohol beverage service in compliance with local laws.
• Assists in achieving or exceeding budgeted goals.
• Performs all duties of bars employees and related departments as necessary.
• Opens and closes bar shifts.
Providing Exceptional Customer Service
• Interacts with guests to obtain feedback on product quality and service levels.
• Supervises staffing levels to ensure that guest service, operational needs and financial objectives are met.
• Encourages employees to provide excellent customer service within guidelines.
• Handles guest problems and complaints, seeking assistance from supervisor as necessary.
• Strives to improve service performance.
• Sets a positive example for guest relations.
• Assists in the review of comment cards and guest satisfaction results with employees.
• Meets and greets guests.
Assisting in Human Resource Activities
• Supervises on-going training initiatives.
• Uses all available on the job training tools for employees.
• Communicates performance expectations in accordance with job descriptions for each position.
• Coaches and counsels employees regarding performance on an on-going basis.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted to go through our selection process.
The Ritz-Carlton is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. The Ritz-Carlton does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.