Posting Date Mar 11, 2021
Job Number 21012618
Job Category Food and Beverage & Culinary
Location Pier One Sydney Harbour Autograph Collection, 11 Hickson Road Walsh Bay New South Wales, Sydney, NEW SOUTH WALES, Australia VIEW ON MAP
Brand Autograph Collection Hotels
Position Type Non-Management
Marriott's Autograph Collection features a select group of upscale and luxury independent partner hotels, each with its own distinct personality, experience, style and features. Located in major cities and desirable destinations around the world, Autograph guests favor hotel stays that reflect their own unique and personal styles. Be a part of our team and deliver an innovative guest experiences that resists predictability.
Must have Australian Working Rights.
Pier One Sydney Harbour, inhabits a thoughtfully reinterpreted heritage pier. A study in juxtapositions, the hotel marries heritage architecture with modern interpretation, seclusion with a central locale and an aspirational yet inclusive personality.
Fueled by our love of the hyperlocal, Pier One Sydney Harbour fashions a space for guests to celebrate their passions, their curiosity and to discover the true essence of a Sydney lifestyle. With no two guests being alike, our service style reflects this. The result being mind blowing service tailored to the unique needs of our guests; defining a new era for hotel experiences.
Bar One is the heart of the Hotel, where guests meet, eat and drink. Whether it’s the start of a day out or the end of a special night, Bar One’s premium beverage offering and fresh casual meals are exactly what’s needed.
Are you curious, outgoing and warm with a passion for food? The Bar is looking for you - people who can really influence our guests experience. We embody an ethos where mind-blowing service comes from your personality and style, not from a hotel manuscript.
What we ask of you
· An up to date RSA
· Previous supervisory experience in an established restaurant
· Excellent beverage knowledge
· A genuinely warm & welcoming demeanor
· Energising motivation - its infectious - no job is too big or too small
· A passion for the industry, a want to be the best in service - mind-blowing to be precise - and the best in lifestyle
· A desire to innovate and create
· A natural-born storyteller
How you will make an impact
You have a respect for craft and are motivated by a desire to meet & connect with our guests. You are inviting, a little surprising, attentive and inclusive. You are sociable, expressive, a mover and shaker, and have a love of service and style.
What you will do
· Han Ensure efficient, friendly and professional beverage service is provided to all guests.
· Influence the team and assist in progressing their career goals
· Warmly welcome & serve our guests.
· Be an expert on the menu, know it inside and out to ensure our guests receive a mind blowing service experience
· Meet & connect with our guests and give them an experience beyond their expectations
· Offer intuitive service and understand their varied needs whether it be a business meal, date night, a doggie degustation (thats right, pups can dine here too!), ladies who lunch or gents that brunch - know what and how to best approach any service situation and blow their mind
Perks, Rewards, Motivations
· Discounts on hotel rooms including all properties within the Marriott International group
· Discounts on food & beverage, including our hatted restaurant The Gantry
· The best hotel training opportunities produced independently by Pier One Sydney Harbour and internationally recognised training programs by Marriott International
· Recognition programs to keep you motivated
· Wellbeing & mindfulness programs to ensure you stay healthy in and out of work
We are a leisure and lifestyle hotel where our guests come to escape the everyday in our little slice of heaven, a million miles from anywhere, just around the corner - Welcome to Pier One Sydney Harbour. We are a COVID Safe Business.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.