Marriott International is the world's largest hotel company, with more brands, more hotels and more opportunities for associates to grow and succeed. We believe a great career is a journey of discovery and exploration. So, we ask, where will your journey take you?
Ideal candidate profile
The Assistant Manager, Tax Reporting and Analysis is responsible for preparing entity financial information to support consolidated tax reporting. This information is used by the Corporate Tax department to complete the company's major tax compliance and reporting requirements and to support the company's tax planning strategies and initiatives. This position serves as a liaison support to the tax department and will assist with initiatives in support of the tax reporting processes, goals and objectives. Additionally, the role will be responsible for preparing the Department of Commerce filings and Cost Share calculations. This position will also assist in the development of strategies and implementation of best practices that will enable operational excellence and create flexibility for future business objectives related to entity reporting and analysis to support tax reporting processes.
SCOPE/BUSINESS CONTEXT/EXPECTED CONTRIBUTIONS
· Prepare reporting and analysis of entity financial information to support consolidated tax reporting from complex international and domestic accounting environment for over 400 foreign and over 400 domestic entities, related jurisdictions and registrations. Key reporting deliverables include:
· Pre-Tax Book Income (PTBI)
· Local vs USGAAP analysis in support of the Deferred Tax Asset calculation
· Form 5471
· Section 956 and 385
· Unremitted Earnings
· Intercompany Interest analysis
· Return to Provision Reconciliations
· Country by Country reporting
· Global Detail Fee Analysis Report
Ensure timely and actionable information provided and adhere to defined deadlines throughout the year.
· Prepare the Buy In Cost Share Intercompany calculation, billing and related reconciliations.
· Prepare quarterly and annual Department of Commerce filings and analyze results, ensuring compliance with all filing requirements established by the DOC. Serve as point of contact and respond to inquiries in a timely manner. Identify, develop and implement process improvements related to support filing requirements.
· Serve as point of contact for various tax groups and related CSA accounting groups on updating and maintaining the valid foreign entity list which is used for all major tax deliverables and respond to inquiries related to the major tax deliverables above during US tax filing season.
· Maintain and update job aids, Sarbanes-Oxley narratives and related documentation for all tax reporting processes, as needed, to ensure adherence and execution of key controls. Help identify areas of improvement to better our internal review and controls.
· Partner with leadership and stakeholders to evaluate tax reporting processes ensuring continuation of process improvements. Draw upon creativity and experience to generate ideas to address dynamic business needs, as well as utilize the accounting and reporting system tools to improve efficiency and analytical aptitude.
· Coordinate and assist corporate and local audit group inquiries and provide necessary support and analysis, closely working with leadership teams.
· Perform other ad hoc duties as required.
· Minimum of 4 years finance/accounting experience or minimum of 2 busy seasons in public accounting. International accounting experience is a plus.
· Must have advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel, with particular emphasis on use of macros and pivot tables.
· Experience in a complex accounting environment including multiple subsidiaries, currencies and basis of accounting strongly preferred.
· Experience with Peoplesoft general ledger and related tools/queries.
Education or Certification
· B.S Degree in Accounting, Finance or related discipline.
· CPA or advanced degree preferred.
Attributes, Knowledge and Skills
· Strong business process skills; capable of developing and implementing effective processes ensuring compliance with existing processes and producing quality results.
· Strong problem-solving skills with the ability to effectively resolve issues and to initiate, design and implement required business processes.
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Ability to work effectively in a collaborative work environment.
· Strong organizational skills; effective in prioritizing work and following through on commitments.
· High degree of initiative; highly motivated self-starter.
· Creative thinker regarding process improvement and systematic process analysis.
· Demonstrates ability to research and analyze transactions and balances within a complex accounting system structure and in a multi-currency environment.
· Ensures all work is completed with a high attention to detail. Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.