Posting Date Feb 24, 2021
Job Number 21014958
Job Category Rooms & Guest Services Operations
Location The St. Regis Sanya Yalong Bay Resort, Yalong Bay National Resort District, Sanya Yalong Bay, Hainan, China VIEW ON MAP
Brand St. Regis Hotels & Resorts
Position Type Management
The St. Regis brand first established luxury hospitality more than 110 years ago, with the opening of the St. Regis New York. From the moment John Jacob Astor IV opened the doors of his Beaux-Arts masterpiece on New York’s Fifth Avenue, St. Regis has stood as a symbol of uncompromising elegance and bespoke service. Today, with more than 40 of the best addresses around the world, St. Regis is a place where trends are born, boundaries are broken and guests can simply live exquisite. We invite you to explore careers at St. Regis.
Develops and manages resort activity programs (e.g., coordinates activities, purchases equipment and supplies etc.). Manages pools, health club and kid’s club, including overall maintenance, daily upkeep and cleanliness. Makes management decisions and provides departmental guidance for all Resort operations related activities. Provides and models service behavior to guests and employees. Reinforces appropriate culture to provide service to guests. Conducts administrative activities to ensure employees are treated in a fair and equitable manner for Recreation, Kid’s Club, and Poolside Restaurant, , and other appropriate Resort Operations related teams.
Education and Experience
• High school diploma or GED; 2 years experience in the recreation/health club operations or related professional area.
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Health Education, Physical Education, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major; no work experience required.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Developing and managing resort activity programs (e.g., coordinates activities, purchases equipment and supplies etc.).
• Develops and coordinates all Resort Events such as guest barbeques, wine tasting, farmer markets, Easter egg hunts, bowling tournaments – to include both kids and adult activities
• Finds and serves as liaison with vendors to support events
• Develops and manages all group activities (e.g., cowboy poetry, Wii bowling tournaments, and team building events)
• Attends to and prioritizes the needs of events happening at the Resort (which may involve simultaneous activities).
Managing pools, health club and kid’s club, including overall maintenance, daily upkeep and cleanliness.
• Conducts inspections and ensuring that the property is getting fixed and maintained. Coordinating the fixes with vendor or own housekeeping/engineering to get fixed
• Ensures inspection logs are kept up to date
• Builds and manages relationship with appropriate vendors responsible for providing any service to a Resort Operations function.
M aking management decisions and providing departmental guidance for all Resort operations related activities.
• Reviews financial statements, sales and activity reports, and other performance data to measure productivity and goal achievement and to determine areas needing cost reduction and program improvement
• Understands employee satisfaction and guest satisfaction results and develops game plans to attack need areas and expand on the strengths
• Utilizes budgets to understand financial objectives balancing costs with employee/guests satisfaction and quality
• Ensures effective departmental communication and information systems through logs, department meetings and property meetings
• Ensures that goals are being translated to the team as they relate to guest tracking and productivity.
Modeling customer service behavior to guests and employees.
• Provides excellent customer service by being readily available/approachable for all guests
• Takes proactive approaches when dealing with guest concerns
• Extends professionalism and courtesy to guests at all times
• Leads by example demonstrating self-confidence, energy and enthusiasm
• Responds timely to customer service department request
• Motivates and encourages staff to solve guest and employee related concerns
• Assists employees in understanding guests’ ever-changing needs and expectations, and exceeds them.
Reinforcing appropriate culture to provide service to guests.
• Ensures that all employees, team leaders (if applicable) and manager(s) understand the brand service culture
• Creates and nurtures a property environment that emphasizes motivation, empowerment, teamwork, continuous improvement and a passion for providing service.
Conducting administrative activities to ensure employees are treated in a fair and equitable manner for Recreation, Kid’s Club, and Poolside Restaurant, , and other appropriate Resort Operations related teams.
• Organizes and conducts weekly meetings with Resort Operations managers and staff
• Coordinates, or provides support for coordinating, all training activities for employees in all departments
• Conducts performance reviews in a timely fashion
• Rewards team as behaviors are demonstrated
• Promotes both Guarantee of Fair Treatment and Open Door policies
• Takes proactive approaches when dealing with employee concerns
• Extends professionalism and courtesy to employees at all times
• Ensures that staffing levels are appropriate to exceed guest expectations and all team members meet or exceed hospitality requirements
• Ensure that the team has the capabilities to meet expectations
• Interviews and assist in making hiring decisions
• Meets semiannually with staff on a one-to-one basis with managers/supervisor
• Ensures barriers to achieving goals are being discussed and resolved by the team
• Communicates/updates all goals and results with employees
• Ensures administrative activities such as review of information for payroll are completed in a timely manner.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.