Marriott International is the world's largest hotel company, with more brands, more hotels and more opportunities for associates to grow and succeed. We believe a great career is a journey of discovery and exploration. So, we ask, where will your journey take you?
A Full Time position based at the Sydney Area Office for Australia, New Zealand & Pacific, providing administrative support primarily to 4 Area Directors (HR, Sales, Marketing & Revenue) and office admin support. Performs other administrative related tasks as assigned by Area Team.
Skills and Competencies
· Flexibility & adaptability of a role dependent on business needs.
· Strong customer development and relationship management skills.
· Ability to design and implement successful tracking of documents and spreadsheets.
· Ability to manage and balance own time.
· Strong communication skills. Fluent in English (verbal and written).
· Strong organizational skills & attention to detail
· Expertise in using standard software applications such as Word, Excel and PowerPoint and ability to learn new software applications in a short period of time
· Ability to develop and maintain professional relationships e.g. associates, guests, owners, vendors
· Knowledge of Marriott International Key Brands and Strategies with a strong administrative background - able prove their work using own initiative, ability to effectively communicate with guests, owners and co-workers.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
· Creates and maintains shared folders and team performance tracking documents.
· Assists in preparation of various presentations/ reports/ updates as required.
· Maintains diaries and schedules appointments and meeting
· Composes, produces and signs correspondence on routine matters – with specific permission, sign for manager and release.
· Coordinates venue, agendas and minutes for various meetings as required
· Coordinates travel and hotel accommodation arrangements
· Files and forward-traces a variety of documents.
· Maintains office supplies including stationary and kitchen supplies.
· Prepares and processes expense reports.
· Takes meeting minutes as requested.
· Coordinates mail and courier for the office
· Maintains the general cleanliness of the boardrooms and assists in the booking for internal meetings
· Process invoices & purchase orders, track & follow through
· Covers for other administrative assistants work when needed
· Responds to various requests for help and information.
· Understands and conveys company policies and procedures.
· Recognizes and maintains confidentiality of proprietary materials, including appropriate distribution of information
· Performs other related tasks as assigned by Area Team
· Complies with Marriott International policies and procedures. Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.