Marriott International is the world's largest hotel company, with more brands, more hotels and more opportunities for associates to grow and succeed. We believe a great career is a journey of discovery and exploration. So, we ask, where will your journey take you?
Support the Digital, Loyalty and Portfolio (DLP) Marketing team within the Americas Brand, Marketing and Digital organization on implementation of marketing strategies and project management. Responsible for administering programs, or a portion of programs, that are typically division-wide in scope. Work closely with the Digital, Promotions, Media, Loyalty, B2B and Partnerships team and support projects and develop processes to drive topline revenue across North America and CALA. Responsible for executing marketing/digital activities as assigned based on key initiatives and strategies. Ensure that all activities are in alignment with marketing functions and properties are provided the support needed for successful implementation of the marketing plans across the region. Answers questions and provides standard information pertaining to programs being administered, and routine details. Provides guidance regarding the administrative procedures surrounding the programs.
Education and Experience
· High school diploma or GED; 4 years' experience as a program specialist or related professional area.
· 2-year degree from an accredited university in Business Administration, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major; 2 years' experience as a program specialist or related professional area.
Other Required Skills
· Ability to coordinate with internal stakeholders, agencies and other vendors to achieve shared goal.
· Working knowledge of standard administrative processes typically gained through several years of experience.
· Knowledge of and experience using basic functions of Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, Powerpoint and Teams.
· Highly organized and process driven.
· Hotel property experience, hotel field marketing experience, or related preferred.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
· Manage the DLP budget by maintaining master document that includes department lines and accounts, budgeted spend, actual spend, and invoice tracking; communicate monthly budget updates and reallocations to team; process invoices in a timely manner and work with AP team on any invoice issues.
· Maintain the DLP marketing calendar and assist in creating presentations and report-outs of DLP work to internal stakeholders.
· Support team on all above-property strategic marketing objectives that include tactical marketing elements.
· Prepare creative briefs and project manage creative development and execution with creative agency on all DLP creative needs.
· Support ongoing communication and reporting needs for above-property and field marketing team.
· Support marketing efforts in various channels such as websites, email marketing, social media and other content development needs.
· Manage DLP content repository of executed campaign creative and performance reporting.
· Answers questions pertaining to the program(s) being administered.
· Produces and composes routine correspondence or documents pertaining to the program(s) being administered.
· Provides standard information regarding the routine details and terms of programs.
· Researches general questions and problems regarding department policies, procedures, information or services. Refers to the appropriate person.
· Maintains a tracking or reporting system utilizing spreadsheet, database or other software applications.
· Incumbent receives general supervision. Instructions are received at the beginning of projects and work is generally reviewed at the completion of the assignment.
· Incumbent is responsible for setting priorities and establishing procedures for completing their daily, routine responsibilities. The supervisor is typically involved in setting priorities for completing projects or new or unique assignments.
· Advocates and demonstrates continuous improvement by adjusting to new ways as conditions and priorities change which may include learning new skills
· Takes initiative by being a part of the solution and assisting in the resolution of issues/problems resulting from change
· Able to work with different levels of management and management styles as needed in position
· Keeps work group informed, speaks and writes clearly and concisely
· Actively listens to others recommendations while seeking clarification and offering alternatives as appropriate
· Communicates in a timely, proactive manner, receives directions and feedback well
Job Related Business Focus
· Actions support key business values of customer service, associate satisfaction and financial success
· Demonstrates pleasant, helpful and accurate service to internal and external customers
· Respects fellow associates
· Efficiently purchases and utilizes resources to produce quality products
Planning & Organizing
· Sets priorities and establishes a realistic action plan while anticipating potential issues
· impacting the plan
· Develops and follows procedures for ensuring quality, is detail-oriented, maximizes resources,
· meets deadlines, and follows through on assignments
· Identifies problems and seeks resolution through sound judgment and solid decision making skills, where appropriate
· Directs problems to higher level or applicable department for resolution
· Works well in a team environment
· Acts as a liaison with other resources/departments as appropriate
· Gives recognition, collaborates and builds trust among others, treats people fairly, equally and respectfully, promotes celebration when appropriate
· Demonstrates requisite technical expertise as defined by the position.
· Demonstrates commitment and reliability in getting the job done efficiently, timely,
· professionally and accurately
· Balances multiple projects simultaneously and maintains the personal, technical and
· professional skills needed to perform job duties
· Consistently strives to improve these skills and represents staff and division positively
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.