Posting Date Mar 09, 2021
Job Number 21018364
Job Category Finance & Accounting
Location Element Melbourne Richmond, 588 Swan Street, Melbourne, VICTORIA, Australia VIEW ON MAP
Brand Element Hotels
Position Type Non-Management
Located Remotely? N
At Element, we believe that travelers deserve more than a place to stay. They need a place to thrive, where they can start every day fresh, focused, feeling alive. Whether they’re stopping by for a few days or settling in for a few weeks, time away from home shouldn’t mean time away from life. Our travelers recognize and appreciate our approachable, multidimensional staff, and we are energized by helping them find their own space in Element. We help our guests live life away as they do at home, no matter how long they stay. If you’re an active optimist who doesn’t second guess connecting with like-minded guests and creating a balanced space for yourself and those around you, we invite you to explore career opportunities with Element.
Who we are
At Element, we believe that travelers deserve more than a place to stay. They need a place to thrive, where they can start every day fresh, focused, feeling alive. Whether they’re stopping by for a few days or settling in for a few weeks, time away from home shouldn’t mean time away from life.
We are looking for an Accountant to join the Element Melbourne Richmond team
Reporting to the Director of Finance, you will be responsible for but are not limited to:
· Safeguarding assets of the Hotel in the interest of the owner and Marriott
· Ensuring that departments are operating with their budgetary boundaries
· Ensuring the smooth running of the Finance department and liaise with Shared Services.
· Monthend Process (P&L and A&L Reconciliation)
· Labour Cost & Checkbook Control (Cost Controller)
· Internal & External Audits
· General Accounting Functions
Successful applicants must have:
· Minimum 2years experience in an accountant role or similar position
· Previous experience in a hotel is desirable
· Tertiary degree in accounting
· Strong Accounting and Internal Control Knowledge
· Strong analytical and auditing skills
This position will be a permanent full time (38hrs per week) position with hours to be worked between 9:00am and 5:30pm Monday to Friday. The salary will be $65,000 per year + superannuation. The hotel is located in Richmond and is close to public transport
If you are interested in this job, please apply online via the Marriott Careers website (link attached in this ad) For further information please contact Rosie at firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close on 10th April 2021
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.