Posting Date Mar 11, 2021
Job Number 21020997
Job Category Sales & Marketing
Location Europe Office - London, Barnard's Inn 86 Fetter Lane, London, London, United Kingdom VIEW ON MAP
Brand Marriott International, Inc.
Position Type Management
Located Remotely? N
Marriott International is the world’s largest hotel company, with more brands, more hotels and more opportunities for associates to grow and succeed. We believe a great career is a journey of discovery and exploration. So, we ask, where will your journey take you?
This position is responsible for strategically executing comprehensive digital service solutions across a set of hotels, within the Digital Field Marketing team. The Manager will support the available digital activation programs in combination with additional digital service packages offered to hotels by MDS.
The Digital Manager serves as the primary point of contact with hotels. This individual strategizes, plans, directs and coordinates activities across multiple digital work streams to ensure strategies and tactics are implemented in order to meet hotel objectives. The Manager is responsible for ensuring the successful execution of activities and deliverables in a timely matter, within budget and delivers comprehensive reporting against defined metrics. This position reports directly to the Senior Manager.
The Manager will execute, support and educate hotels with the approved Area campaign calendar (destination marketing, demand generation, loyalty, partnerships etc.) as set out by the area Director of Marketing, Digital and Loyalty in collaboration with the Senior Manager.
Education and Experience
· 3+ years’ experience in an online agency or client services position is required or equivalent experience
· 2+ years’ experience in leading project teams and implementing digital strategies or equivalent experience
· BS/BA degree in marketing or related field or equivalent certification from higher education
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Managing Work, Projects, and Policies
Delivers against all aspects of the Digital Marketing program and associated services to assigned hotels. This includes:
Ensures effective client communication
· Schedules and leads all client calls throughout enrollment period.
· Collects hotel specific information from clients regarding needs and expectations, answers questions about services, digital channels and Marriott initiatives.
· Ensures appropriate documentation is delivered throughout program engagement.
· Monitors the impact of the services versus goals, (including where they apply within each Hotel Marketing Plan), and proactively communicates with key stakeholders about need for changes in strategic direction.
Manages program deliverables within expected timelines
· Tracks frequency and aligns consistent framework for hotel engagement.
· Coordinates with Specialists in team to guarantee all deliverables are executed on time.
· Reviews all hotel deliverables to ensure that they are on strategy and meet quality expectations.
· Establishes digital key performance indicators (KPIs) and adjusts program strategy and tactics based on hotel needs.
· Develops customized digital business plans and presents to hotel stakeholders.
· Makes strategic recommendations for additional services/tactics to enhance services to meet property goals.
· Engages in frequent, active engagement with Senior Manager and continent Digital team(s) to ensure alignment, pull-through, and two-way communication about the status, performance, opportunities, and issues related to digital products, programs and initiatives.
· Identifies and deploys resources required to execute program tactics and coordinates with Specialists to resolve or escalate performance issues.
Analyzes results and reports on progress
· Monitors Hotels results and business goals on a monthly basis, exercising critical and analytical thinking of results.
· Builds monthly reports to illustrate the impact of digital marketing initiatives and program tactics across various online verticals.
· Schedules and leads meetings with clients to communicate program results; provides insights and answers questions about hotel performance in the respective digital channels.
· Proactively looks for opportunities and makes recommendations for additional services/tactics to enhance services.
· Answers hotel/owner questions, as appropriate.
Maintains client satisfaction and retention
· Meets goals as defined by client satisfaction survey and annual renewal targets.
· Proactively identifies add-on service opportunities to promote additional hotel customization and program evolution.
· Ensures consistency in service throughout the agreement and when hotels are due for renewal, solicits reenrollment.
· Establish and maintain 3rd party relationships with key partnerships that drive value to hotels.
· Works with Specialist’s to guarantee service tactics are executed on-time and at a high-quality.
· Provides feedback to continually improve work processes and systems that support program execution.
· Solicit feedback from properties to ensure program tactics meet their needs and demands.
· Assists Senior Manager in successfully onboarding and training new employees.
· Actively participates and engages in internal and external special projects to broaden skill set.
· Engages in frequent communication with Digital & Marketing teams to align on project initiatives.
· Establishes and maintains complete and up-to-date information on all properties’ status and performance.
· Supports department-wide efforts to improve Digital Service culture and work environment.
· Contributes to Digital newsletter/bulletin updates for area.
· Attends training and conferences to increase subject matter expertise and deepen skills.
· Actively seeks out opportunities to learn more about the digital industry.
· Attends and participates in all relevant internal and external meetings.
· Informs, updates, and provides information to managers and co-workers in a timely manner.
· Presents ideas, expectations and information in a concise, organized manner.
· Uses problem solving methodology for decision making and follow up.
· Maintains positive working relations with internal customers and department managers.
· Manages time effectively and conducts activities in an organized manner.
· Performs other reasonable duties as assigned by manager.
· Adaptability - Maintains performance level under pressure or when experiencing changes or challenges in the workplace.
· Communication - Conveys information and ideas to others in a convincing and engaging manner through a variety of methods.
· Problem Solving and Decision Making - Identifies and understands issues, problems, and opportunities; obtains and compares information from different sources to draw conclusions, develops and evaluates alternatives and solutions, solves problems, and chooses a course of action.
· Professional Demeanor - Exhibits behavioral styles that convey confidence and command respect from others; makes a good first impression and represents the company in alignment with its values.
· Building and Contributing to Teams - Participates as a member of a team to move toward the completion of common goals while fostering cohesion and collaboration among team members.
· Driving for Results - Sets high standards of performance for self and/or others; assumes responsibility for work objectives; initiates, focuses, and monitors the efforts of self and/or others toward the accomplishment goals; proactively takes action and goes beyond what is required.
· Planning and Organizing - Gathers information and resources required to set a plan of action for self and/or others; prioritizes and arranges work requirements to accomplish goals and ensure work is completed.
· Coworker Relationships - Interacts with others in a way that builds openness, trust, and confidence in the pursuit of organizational goals and lasting relationships.
· Customer Relationships - Develops and sustains relationships based on an understanding of customer/stakeholder needs and actions consistent with the company’s service standards.
· Global Mindset - Supports employees and business partners with diverse styles, abilities, motivations, and/or cultural perspectives; utilizes differences to drive innovation, engagement and enhance business results; and ensures employees are given the opportunity to contribute to their full potential.
Generating Talent and Organizational Capability
· Talent Management - Provides support and feedback to help individuals develop and strengthen skills and abilities needed to accomplish work objectives.
Learning and Applying Professional Expertise
· Applied Learning - Seeks and makes the most of learning opportunities to improve performance of self and/or others.
· Business Acumen - Understands and utilizes business information to manage everyday operations and generate innovative solutions to approach business and administrative challenges.
· Technical Acumen - Understands and utilizes professional skills and knowledge in a specific functional area to conduct and manage everyday business operations and generate innovative solutions to approach function-specific work challenges.
· Basic Competencies - Fundamental competencies required for accomplishing basic work activities.
o Basic Computer Skills - Uses basic computer hardware and software (e.g., personal computers, word processing software, Internet browsers, etc.).
o Mathematical Reasoning - Adds, subtracts, multiplies, or divides quickly, correctly, and in a way that allows one to solve work-related issues.
o Oral Comprehension - Listens to and understands information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
o Reading Comprehension – Understands written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
o Writing - Communicates effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.