Posting Date Mar 16, 2021
Job Number 21022850
Job Category Sales & Marketing
Location Mexico Regional Office, Ejercito Nacional 350, Mexico City, Mexico, Mexico VIEW ON MAP
Brand Marriott International, Inc.
Position Type Management
Located Remotely? N
Marriott International is the world’s largest hotel company, with more brands, more hotels and more opportunities for associates to grow and succeed. We believe a great career is a journey of discovery and exploration. So, we ask, where will your journey take you?
The Account Manager is responsible for managing and maintaining on-going relationships with properties and owners, and works closely with Marketing Knowledge Experts (KE) to ensure Marketing initiatives are being executed at the property and regional levels in partnership with the Centers of Excellence (COE). Serves as the primary point of contact for a collection of hotels for Brand, Marketing and Digital (BMD) needs. Designs customized annual marketing and implementation plans for each assigned property including setting key marketing goals and identifying key marketing channels to be utilized to reach goals.
Education and Experience
• 2-year degree in Marketing, Hospitality Management or related major; 4 years’ experience in Marketing, Hospitality Management, or related professional area.
• 4-year degree in Marketing, Hospitality Management or related major; 2 years’ managerial experience in Marketing, Hospitality Management, or related professional area.
• Fluency of English and Spanish required.
· MBA or similar advanced degree.
· Hotel property experience, hotel field marketing experience, or related.
· Prior experience in the field of marketing or marketing services support, digital marketing and social media.
· International working experience.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
The following are specific responsibilities and contributions critical to the successful performance of the position:
· Serves as the primary point of contact for a collection of hotels for Brand, Marketing and Digital (BMD) needs.
· Designs customized annual marketing and implementation plans for each assigned property including setting key marketing goals and identifying key marketing channels to be utilized to reach goals.
· Communicates with property to get input throughout planning process.
· Understands owner expectations in order to develop effective marketing solutions that meet the expectations and create value for both owners and Marriott International.
· Develops a thorough understanding of the lodging business (hotel operation, industry drivers, challenges, competitors, MI’s position in the global marketplace) and cutting edge marketing trends to unveil opportunities for growth.
· Understands global brand and marketing strategies and their application to the Latin American markets and its consumers.
· Evaluates if global strategies meet the marketing needs of all the brands for the Latin American Markets and pull through new marketing programs/products/services to ensure successful, brand appropriate local implementation.
· Provides marketing budget guidance to property leadership.
· Works with COEs, KEs and other MI teams to execute key marketing and digital activities.
· Manages coordinators and any other BMD support personnel, as assigned and ensure quality of work.
· Shares quantitative view on how various channels/activities support business objectives (e.g., anticipated ROI per channel) and set goals/targets.
· Determines KPIs and specific goals for properties, monitor progress against those goals and provide reports and information about progress.
· Updates plans as needed based on performance.
· Educates hotel and regional leadership about strategy, best practices, and policies/procedures to uphold adherence to and adoption of regional guidance.
· Educates GMs/owners on marketing and eCommerce topics and trends.
· Identifies opportunities for expanding services for a given property; shares value of expanded services with property leadership; includes ROI analyses for services and campaigns.
· Responds to ad-hoc requests.
· Adaptability - Maintains performance level under pressure or when experiencing changes or challenges in the workplace.
· Communication - Conveys information and ideas to others in a convincing and engaging manner through a variety of methods.
· Problem Solving and Decision Making - Identifies and understands issues, problems, and opportunities; obtains and compares information from different sources to draw conclusions, develop and evaluate alternatives and solutions, solve problems, and choose a course of action.
· Professional Demeanor - Exhibits behavioral styles that convey confidence and command respect from others; makes a good first impression and represents the company in alignment with its values.
· Building and Contributing to Teams - Actively participates as a member of a team to move the team toward the completion of goals.
· Driving for Results - Sets high standards of performance for self and/or others; assumes responsibility for work objectives; initiates, focuses, and monitors the efforts of self and/or others toward the accomplishment goals; proactively takes action and goes beyond what is required.
· Planning and Organizing - Gathers information and resources required to set a plan of action for self and/or others; prioritizes and arranges work requirements to accomplish goals and ensure work is completed.
· Coworker Relationships - Interacts with others in a way that builds openness, trust, and confidence in the pursuit of organizational goals and lasting relationships.
· Customer Relationships - Develops and sustains relationships based on an understanding of customer needs and actions consistent with the company’s service standards.
· Global Mindset - Supports employees and business partners with diverse styles, abilities, motivations, and/or cultural perspectives; utilizes differences to drive innovation, engagement and enhance business results; and ensures employees are given the opportunity to contribute to their full potential.
Generating Talent and Organizational Capability
· Organizational Capability - Evaluates and adapts the structure of own assignments and suggests improvements to work processes to best fit the needs and/or support the goals of an organizational unit.
· Talent Management - Provides support and feedback to help individuals develop and strengthen skills and abilities needed to accomplish work objectives.
Learning and Applying Professional Expertise
· Applied Learning - Seeks and makes the most of learning opportunities to improve performance of self and/or others.
· Business Acumen - Understands and utilizes business information to manage everyday operations.
· Technical Acumen – Understands and utilizes professional skills and knowledge in a specific functional area to conduct.
o Communications and Media - Knowledge of media production, communication, and dissemination techniques and methods. This includes alternative ways to inform and entertain via written, oral, and visual media.
o Devising Sales Approaches and Solutions - Trying different and novel ways to deal with sales challenges and opportunities; taking courses of action or developing sales solutions that appropriately consider available facts, constraints, competitive circumstances, and probable consequences.
o Sales Ability: Persuasiveness - Using appropriate interpersonal styles and communication methods to gain acceptance of a product, service, or idea from prospects and clients.
o Supporting Sales Implementations - Supporting customers during the implementation of sales contracts; seeking and taking appropriate actions on customer feedback; taking responsibility for customer satisfaction and loyalty.
o Sales Opportunity Analysis - Understanding and utilizing economic, financial, industry, and organizational data; accurately diagnosing customers’ business strengths, weaknesses, and key issues that can inform sales strategies and plans.
· Basic Competencies - Fundamental competencies required for accomplishing basic work activities.
o Basic Computer Skills - Uses basic computer hardware and software (e.g., personal computers, word processing software, Internet browsers, etc.).
o Mathematical Reasoning - Demonstrates ability to add, subtract, multiply, or divide quickly, correctly, and in a way that allows one to solve work-related issues.
o Oral Comprehension - Demonstrates ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
o Reading Comprehension - Demonstrates understanding of written sentences and paragraphs in work-related documents.
o Writing - Communicates effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.