Posting Date Mar 31, 2021
Job Number 21018827
Job Category Sales & Marketing
Location W Singapore - Sentosa Cove, 21 Ocean Way, Singapore, Singapore, Singapore VIEW ON MAP
Brand W Hotels
Position Type Management
Located Remotely? N
Boldly coloring outside the lines of luxury, W turns the traditional notion of the extravagant hotel on its head. Our irreverent attitude and taste for excess redefine revelry for the modern jet set. Our guests have a lust for a life less ordinary that drives them to demand more, experience it all, and hit repeat.
We share our guests’ passions, providing insider access to what’s new and what’s next. Moderation is not in our vocabulary and we know that lust for life demands more, not less. W guests soak it in and live each day with a mantra: Detox.Retox.Repeat. If you’re ready to create the energetic W scene that is magnetic to everyday disruptors around the world, then we invite you to explore a career with W Hotels.
Provides total account management support for assigned property accounts. Executes the overall account strategy for assigned accounts to generate and maximize business for the property. Applies the principles of strategic account management. Partners with Sales and Marketing leadership, and the property Leadership team, to develop a comprehensive strategic plan to grow market share from assigned accounts. As an Account Manager, develops strong partnerships with buyers for the purpose of penetrating and growing market share and driving sales for hotel. Focuses specifically on growing market share from transient and group revenue. Dependent on the size of the property, the position may also provide day-to-day supervision of Account Sales associates.
Education and Experience
• High school diploma or GED; 2 years experience in the sales and marketing, guest services, front desk, or related professional area.
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Business Administration, Marketing, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major; no work experience required.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Maximizing Revenue & Managing Profitability
• Develops and implements the overall account strategy for assigned accounts.
• Retains, expands and grows account revenue of existing accounts through total account penetration, margin management, and implementation of sales and marketing initiatives.
• Penetrates assigned accounts for group and transient, as well as exploring opportunities for extended stay and catering sales business.
• Identifies and aggressively solicits new accounts in coordination with any relevant Sales and Marketing colleagues and Above Property Sales.
• Develops and implements strategic sales plans .
• Builds and strengthens Accounts with existing and new customers, industry organizations and brand network to enable future bookings. Activities include sales calls, entertainment, FAM trips, trade shows, etc.
• Understands the overall market dynamics - competitors’ strengths and weaknesses, economic trends, supply and demand etc. and how to sell to assigned accounts.
• Identifies emerging business opportunities and risks within assigned accounts and provide feedback to key stakeholders (i.e. property Leadership).
• Identifies and implements process improvements and best practices.
• Promotes accountability to drive superior business results.
• Achieves account revenue and sales goals as defined by Leadership. Develop and achieve operating budgets and manage controllable expenses.
• Anticipates and identifies business opportunities and challenges and respond with a profitable strategy that aligns with overall business direction.
• Increases local penetration of high potential accounts to optimize demand across all brands and satisfy important property needs.
• Engages in property related events that support the development of existing and new accounts (e.g., GM Reception, Concierge Level hospitality, etc).
Managing Sales Activities
• Executes sales strategy to achieve property goals.
• Maintains current business Accounts for new business within accounts.
• Executes designated sales strategies to develop and solicit specific accounts to achieve revenue goals.
• Includes successful execution of Sales strategies and business processes.
• Executes and supports the operational aspects of business booked (e.g., generating proposal, writing contract, customer correspondence).
• Establishes and maintains accurate and up-to-date customer, account and opportunity data each account in Opera Sales and Catering to ensure accurate reporting.
• Executes and supports Customer Service Standards and hotel’s Brand Standards.
• Participates in and practice daily service basics of the brand (i.e., MHR Spirit to Serve Daily Basics, RHR Savvy Service Basics, Courtyard Basics of the Day).
• Leverages methodologies, technical and business knowledge across the market.
Building Successful Relationships
• Collaborates and engages third parties that are sourced through the organization for their individual travel or group planning needs.
• Serves as the account’s “local service guarantee” by ensuring that outstanding service delivery is maintained at every customer touch point, issues are resolved timely and to the customers’ 100% satisfaction.
• Leverages Above Property Sales and property Leadership to ensure account saturation , pull-through of account strategies and selling solutions at the local property level.
• Develops a close working Account with Operations to ensure execution of strategies at the hotel level.
• Leverages all available sales channels, (e.g., marriott.com, group and transient intermediaries, field sales, worldwide reservation offices, etc), in an effort to optimize sales revenues.
Providing Exceptional Customer Service
• Gains understanding of the hotel’s primary target customer and service expectations; serves the customer by understanding their business, business issues and concerns, to offer better business solutions both prior to, and during the program/event.
• Acts as the customer’s advocate through understanding account needs and opportunities.
• Resolves guest issues that arise in the sales process. Brings issues to the attention of property leadership.
• Executes exemplary customer service to drive customer satisfaction and loyalty by assisting the customer and ensuring their satisfaction before and during their program/event.
• Serves the customer by understanding their needs and recommending the features and services that best meet their needs and exceed their expectations, while building a Account and loyalty to the business.
• Conducts and coordinates site inspections for hotels, as required.
• Performs other duties, as assigned, to meet business needs.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.