Posting Date Mar 18, 2021
Job Number 21012436
Job Category Engineering & Facilities
Location Marriott Marquis City Center Doha Hotel, West Bay City Center, Doha, Qatar, Qatar VIEW ON MAP
Brand Marriott Hotels Resorts
Position Type Non-Management
Located Remotely? N
Marriott International portfolio of brands includes both JW Marriott and Marriott Hotels.
Marriott Hotels , Marriott International’s flagship brand with more than 500 global locations, is advancing the art of hosting so that our guests can travel brilliantly. As a host with Marriott Hotels, you will help keep this promise by delivering premium choices, sophisticated style, and well-crafted details. With your skills and imagination, together we will innovate and reinvent the future of travel.
JW Marriott is part of Marriott International's luxury portfolio and consists of more than 80 beautiful properties in gateway cities and distinctive resort locations around the world. JW believes our associates come first. Because if you’re happy, our guests will be happy. It’s as simple as that. Our hotels offer a work experience unlike any other, where you’ll be part of a community and enjoy a true camaraderie with a diverse group of co-workers. JW creates opportunities for training, development, recognition and most importantly, a place where you can really pursue your passions in a luxury environment. Treating guests exceptionally starts with the way we take care of our associates. That’s The JW Treatment™.
Under the guidance of the Accommodation Manager, or his delegate, operates, maintains and repairs all aspects of the Accommodation, in accordance with Marriott standards to achieve optimum-operating efficiency of equipment at all times.
Accommodation General Technician (AC) assists the Accommodation Manager in managing entire accommodation complex, preventative maintenance, property operation & energy costs. S/he would be accountable for maintaining the building, equipments and grounds including all type of A/C, heating and ventilation or any particular attention towards accommodation, maintenance, safety, security and asset protection. S/he helps to increase guest and associate satisfaction through effective communication and exercise.
S/he helps and ensures the smooth operation of the HR Department by accurate records, and logging of expenses and spare parts. Maintain good, timely communication within the department to reduce guest call response time. Maintain / update equipment and machinery record system of the accommodation.
S/he also assemble, install, test, and maintain electrical or electronic wiring, equipment, appliances, apparatus, and fixtures using hand tools and power tools. Inspect and diagnose malfunctioning tools, equipment, electrical systems, apparatus, and components. Connect wires to circuit breakers, transformers, or other components. Use testing devices such as ohmmeters, voltmeters, and oscilloscopes. Test batteries in generators, emergency lighting, etc. Plan layout and installation of electrical wiring, equipment, and fixtures, based on job specifications and current National Electric Code and local codes. Read and follow blueprints/schematics. Respond to repair requests and perform preventative maintenance on tools and equipment, and appliances. Maintain maintenance inventory and requisition parts and supplies.
Follow all company and safety and security policies and procedures; report any maintenance problems, safety hazards, accidents, or injuries; complete safety training and certifications; and properly store flammable materials. Maintain confidentiality of proprietary information and protect company assets. Welcome and acknowledge all guests according to company standards, anticipate and address guests’ service needs, assist individuals with disabilities, and thank guests with genuine appreciation. Develop and maintain positive working relationships with others and listen and respond appropriately to the concerns of other employees. Speak with others using clear and professional language and prepare and review information in a variety of formats accurately and completely. Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 10 pounds without assistance. Grasp, turn, and manipulate objects of varying size and weight, requiring fine motor skills and hand-eye coordination. Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by Supervisors.
SCOPE / BUSINESS CONTEXT
1. Assures implementation of Marriott policies, standards and procedures for:
· Energy conservation and control.
· Water and sewage quality control.
· Fire prevention and other life safety programs.
· Up-to-date filing, correspondences & archives records.
· Ensure to operate all hotel emergency equipments promptly.
· Effective plant preventive and routine maintenance.
· Operation and control of plant and equipment.
· Energy management systems and procedures.
· Engineering Logs and utility consumption.
· Inspection all A/C & Ref equipments & associates corrective action.
· Appearance and housekeeping of boiler room and all equipment rooms.
2. Supports and initiate programs for the improvement procedures and the reduction of energy and utility costs.
3. Ensures the smooth operation of equipment and machinery (including audio and video systems)
4. Maintains equipment and machinery record system for the property.
5. Continuously update equipments files.
6. Participates in conducting fire prevention training programs.
7. Determines programs for routine plant preventive maintenance and its implementation.
8. Ensures Hotels repair and maintenance order system is in accordance with Marriott Policy and Procedure.
9. Keep a close track of all maintenance associate, work orders & Preventive Maintenance cost effective records.
Education or Certification
1. Good level of English is essential
3. Pro-active, resourceful, reliable and can do attitude
4. Strong Communication skills (verbal, listening, writing)
5. Diploma in Mechanical Engineering or 2 Years Trade Corse A/C & Refrigeration; 3 to 5 years experience in the engineering and maintenance or associated professional area; technical training in HVAC-R/electrical/plumbing.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.