Marriott International is the world's leading global hospitality company, with more brands, more hotels and more opportunities for associates to grow and succeed. With 5,700 properties, you'll find us in your neighborhood and in more than 110 countries across the globe. Learn about our 30 hotel brands at https://www.marriott.com/marriott-brands.mi Find Your World.™
The Westin Dubai Mina Seyahi Beach Resort & Marina Peaceful retreat settled on Jumeirah Beach, the resort offers the perfect destination for the entire family to unwind and recharge with a breath-taking array of recreation activities, and close proximity to major Dubai local attractions. Featuring exceptional views over the Arabian Gulf, our impressive neoclassical architecture fills our five-star luxury beach resort in Dubai with charm and inspiration.
Sui Mui is an attractive combination of the exotic and mysterious atmosphere of Asia serving selection of authentic Thai, Japanese, Korean, Indonesian, Malaysian, Vietnamese and Chinese dishes and mouth-watering cocktails with interesting concoctions.
Job responsibilities will include, but not limited to the following:
· Work across all areas of to ensure that guest expectations are exceeded and standards are consistently maintained
· Daily Mise en place and station preparation prior to service and at the end of the shift
· Maintaining the condition of kitchen area at all times
· Communicate and work closely with Chef de Partie to ensure food quality
· Communicate and work closely with floor staff, floor and bar staff to ensure customer satisfaction.
· Liaise and communicate effectively with all departments to ensure seamless transfer of information takes place.
· To keep wastage to a minimum and be vigilant in reducing expenditure
· To identify and notify Supervisor of all maintenance requirements hazards in the work place to comply with hotel and company mandatory requirements for fire, health and safety, licensing and employment and to ensure that members of the team are also aware of these requirements and are working in accordance with the requirements
· To comply with Municipality regulations regarding Food Hygiene procedures.
· To be flexible in assisting around different areas of the hotel in response to business and client needs.
· Produces food of high quality according to standard recipes.
· Assists with the preparation, presentation, decoration and storage.
· Communicates politely and displays courtesy to guests and internal customers
· Provides direction to the Kitchen helpers, including Kitchen Attendants and Stewards.
· Communicates to his/ her superior any difficulties, guest or internal customer comment and other relevant information.
· Prepares in advance food, beverage, material and equipment needed for the service.
· Cleans and re-sets his/her working area.
· Performs related duties and special projects as assigned by Superiors/Head of Department
To move into this position you should have
· Tenure in current position minimum one year
· Minimum 1 year experience in the relevant area of luxury restaurant environment
· Excellent command of the English language speaking, reading and writing
· Requires good communication skills, both verbal and written.
· Multiple language ability, an advantage
· Smart in appearance and well groomed
· Good interpersonal skills
· Hotel / High school or equivalent education required
· Knowledge in computer
· The ideal candidate will have a passion for food and beverage
· Thorough knowledge of food products, standard recipes and proper preparation
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.