Customer Assistant Service & Safety
It’s all about joining a team where you’ll share our passion for delivering great service and creating a safe in-store environment for customers and colleagues
Your experience tells a story, but the right attitude speaks louder still – You’ll be confident & engaging , excellent at communicating and have a passion for M&S. We’ll teach you the rest.
Working as a Service & Safety Customer Assistant
· You’ll create a welcoming and reassuring presence at the start and end of a customer’s store visit
· You’ll be knowledgeable, know what deals and offers are available and be able to answer local store queries
· You’ll use a range of de-escalation techniques to mitigate aggression and confrontational situations
· Make sure persons issued with a Trespass Notice don’t re-enter our stores
· Work with other retailers, shop watch and crime prevention partnerships and the Police to support preventing loss to protect profit
· Deter criminal activity and apprehend when necessary
· Accurately report incidents on the M&S Incident reporting system
What’s in it for you?
· 20% Staff discount on most things from furniture, fashion and of course food
· First class welcome to M&S and initial induction to the team
· Specialist de-escalation, apprehension and incident reporting training
· Options to progress – it’s something we’re proud of at M&S. Only if you want to that is. If you don’t, it won’t stop us investing in your continued learning
· Free fresh fruit and refreshments during your break time
· Flexible working options
· Holiday Entitlement 28 days (including Bank Holidays) – with more earned the longer you’re with us
· Celebration Day – a paid day off to celebrate something that’s important to you
· Charity Volunteer Day – A paid day away from work to support your chosen charity
· Perks and Discounts via the M&S Choices website (these are great and there are lots!) including;
· Holiday Buying Scheme – Buy up to an additional 2 weeks of leave per year
· Cycle to Work scheme where you can buy a new bike
All applications are completed online. You’ll answer some simple questions and upload your CV.
If you’re invited to the final stage you’ll meet our store team take part in a product exercise and short interview
If this describes you then you’ll love being a Service & Safety Customer Assistant at M&S
If you consider yourself to have a disability or learning difficulty which means you are unable to complete the application process online, please get in touch either by phone on 0345 300 3725 or by email so we can make alternative arrangements for you
BY CLICKING APPLY, YOU ARE INDICATING THAT YOU HAVE READ AND AGREE TO THE ABOVE.