M&S continues to focus on transforming its business in Clothing & Home, and ensuring we have the right stock in the right place to fulfil all our customer orders, both online and in stores. At Castle Donington distribution centre we’re looking to recruit a data-driven individual to join the Inventory team and help us improve availability and accuracy for our customers.
Working in an operation that is 3 warehouses in 1; 2 manual and 1 automated, it’s complex and therefore experience within a similar stock or inventory role in distribution will be key to your success in this role, and ensure we achieve, or exceed, our customer promise.
You will work as part of a team in supporting the business to drive the inventory agenda across our 24-7 operation. This is a 12 month contract opportunity working 12 hour shifts on days, following a two week panama rota pattern which includes weekends and bank holidays.
Your key accountabilities will include:
• Maintenance of both WMS and the automated system control to ensure that inventory on site is accurate and available for ordering by our customers.
• Interrogation and navigation within numerous warehouse management systems and conducting investigations into physical inventory issues.
• Analysis of data using tools such as Excel and Microsoft Access
• ICQA KPI reporting and inventory monitoring
• Manage and maintain locked and available Inventory to reflect an accurate stock holding to the M&S.com platform.
• Work alongside the operational team in dedicated areas of the site to rectify errors in situ whilst sharing knowledge and building capability.
Your skills and experience will include:
• Experience of WMS systems & interrogation
• Experience of warehouse planning, inventory processes and understanding of quality standards
• Highly computer literate, knowledge of Excel and Microsoft packages essential
• Strong organisational skills and be of an analytical nature with excellent attention to detail
• Possess the ability to communicate on all levels to management and other internal M&S departments
• Able to work completely unsupervised when the need arises, and can remain calm under pressure
• Flexible to adapt in a timely manner to meet operational requirements and support operational training where required