Marcandi Ltd. was founded in 2008 by a management consultant from L.E.K., an investment banker from Goldman Sachs and a stock exchange expert from Deutsche Börse. Its disruptive eCommerce website MadBid has been quoted across the globe, from Sina’s Daily news (a major Chinese news site) in the East, to the likes of BBC, TechCrunch, and the Sunday Times in the West. MadBid has also seen its efforts generate award winning recognition: e.g. 2012 – Red Herring Europe Top 100, 2012 - Sunday Times Tech Track 100. Top 41st, and 2012 - National Business Awards – Finalist (Top 10) in category: Small Online Business of the Year.
MadBid.com is searching for a bright individual who is looking to grow, learn & accept new responsibilities in a short period of time. This is an outstanding opportunity to work with a very innovative online business model that is continuously evolving. You would be, depending on the project, directly working with the founders of the business. Should your goal in the future to be to start-up your own company, this learning opportunity does not really get any better in entrepreneurship!
The internship will emphasise most facets of global marketing. Your tasks would include anything from procurement, marketing (online, social media, TV, press and radio), digital content management, customer services and operations. You will help us grow the Italian market by working with the Marketing Manager and the other country teams in Central London. Candidates must have a strong interest in International Marketing (online and offline) and eCommerce in general. There will be, depending on your experience, interest and company needs other business development projects as well.
This position will also include the conception, planning and execution of email campaigns, analysing web traffic and other competitive market information. Furthermore, lead roles for mini projects can be given to you, if you prove eager to get more responsibility. Depending on your degree of interest and capabilities, you could also contribute to our marketing and operations strategies. If you are keen to get an insight in different departments, this is a great chance to learn from a group of professionals.
• Must have an energetic hands on attitude and keen interest in working with an online start-up
• Burning desire to join and learn within an eCommerce company
• Motivated to hit the ground running, working independently with a positive attitude and great energy
• Passionate focus on customers and their requirements
• Strong independent analytical skills
• Excellent communication skills, fluency in English; other languages are a plus
• Outstanding organisational skills and the ability to multi-task and document as you go
• You should not have a “9 to 5” -attitude
• Creative and innovative thinker, with a sales-driven approach
The role is remunerated with £800 expenses per month and can potentially lead into a full time position.