Pearle Vision - Student Optician
Kanata, CANADA Sales
Requisition ID: 798081
Store # : 005840 Pearle Vision
Position: Casual Part-Time
Total Rewards: Benefits/Incentive Information
At every neighborhood Pearle Vision we believe nothing should keep patients from getting the eye care they need. Consider working for a Pearle Vision right in your community. We look for employees who are creative, energetic, and people focused looking for exciting opportunities in eye care or retail.
The Student Optician attracts and retains customers by delivering an exceptional customer experience, fosters customer retention, and promotes outstanding associate/doctor satisfaction. The Student Optician demonstrates all aspects of the Neighborhood Eye Care Experience.
MAJOR DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
· Greets customers without delay when they enter the store. Shows urgency in providing service to customers and satisfying their needs.
· Determines the reason for the customer's visit, and explains how to shop at Pearle Vision.
· Performs work accurately and thoroughly despite time pressure and customer volume.
· Identifies situations involving unsatisfied customers and acts quickly for resolution, focusing on what WE CAN DO not what we cannot.
· Educates the customer on Pearle Vision products, guarantees and services including: eyewear care tips, complimentary adjustments and follow-up services.
· Under guidance and instruction from an Optician handles tasks, such as taking and recording measurements and adjusting or fitting eyewear carefully and correctly.
· Under guidance and instruction from an Optician, ensures finished eyewear meets Pearle Vision' optical standards and customer requirements/requests.
· Under guidance from an Optician, troubleshoots vision issues and determine correct course of action.
· Under guidance from an Optician, repairs and adjusts eyewear according to customers visual and comfort needs.
· Demonstrates good product knowledge; takes the initiative to accurately describe the features and benefits of various lenses and frames:
· Assists the customer in selecting frames and lenses that are best suited for their lifestyle, RX and price needs. Suggests improvements and recommends solutions to problems.
· Takes time to help the customers and answer questions giving them a better understanding of available options. Shows patience and courtesy to indecisive or hard-to-please customers; offers to track down answers to unfamiliar questions or products.
· Operates the Software system by inputting customer and prescription information with accuracy and attention to detail and ensures eyewear is being processed and followed through on.
· Accurately operates the cashier terminal, when required, collecting proper payment following company security procedures and retaining proper change for a variety of transactions, such as credit cards, layaways, discounts, insurance and coupons.
· Takes pride in the appearance of the store and shows initiative in keeping the displays and inventory clean, attractive and organized. (Maintain a level of security in regards to company assets).
*Optician may be required to be present in the store with the student while performing Optician duties based on state or provincial requirements
· High School Graduate or equivalent
· Registered in State licensure program (where applicable) or equivalent schooling
· Previous optical and retail experience
· Knowledge of State/Prov Licensing and Guidelines
· Knowledge of current optical theory and practices
· Strong communicator and listener to customers and associates
· Strong basic math skills (addition, subtraction, multiplication, division)
· Awareness of current fashion trends
· Strong inter personal skills (friendly, caring, patient)
· Sales skills
· Knowledge of store merchandise
· Familiarity with cash register, computers and calculators
· Prior sales training helpful
Employee pay is determined by multiple factors, including geography, experience, qualifications, skills and local minimum wage requirements. In addition, you may also be offered a competitive bonus and/or commission plan, which complements a first-class total rewards package Benefits/Incentive Information including health benefits, PTO, 401K, paid family leave, tuition reimbursement, and eyewear discounts.
Upon request and consistent with applicable laws, EssilorLuxottica will provide reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities who need assistance in the application and hiring process. To request a reasonable accommodation, please call the Luxottica Ethics Compliance Hotline at 1-888-887-3348 (be sure to provide your name and contact information so that we may follow up in a timely manner) or email HRCompliance@luxotticaretail.com.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, gender, national origin, social origin, social condition, being perceived as a victim of domestic violence, sexual aggression or stalking, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, citizenship, ancestry, veteran or military status, marital status, pregnancy (including unlawful discrimination on the basis of a legally protected pregnancy or maternity leave), genetic information or any other characteristics protected by law. Native Americans receive preference in accordance with Tribal Law.
Job Segment: Fashion Retail, Retail Sales, Fashion, Retail
Apply now »