PRODUCTION & OPERATIONS - QUALITY CONTROL
Regular Full Time
HM.CLAUSE is a Business Unit of Limagrain, an international agricultural co-operative founded and managed by farmers. HM.CLAUSE specializes in the breeding, production, and sale of vegetable seeds. From the world market to the farmer's market, we collaborate with our customers to deliver successful solutions for the agricultural challenges of today and produce the highest quality vegetable seeds for the future. Our global team of experts and state-of-the-art research facilities enable us to work side-by-side with growers to provide the most regionally relevant and reliable vegetable seeds available
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
Directs and executes Global Germination Projects and oversees the Regional Germination Lab.
POSITION DESCRIPTION SUMMARY: Global Germination Lead will harmonize, optimize and execute projects linked to germination testing across quality labs in all regions. Provide expertise within QC and to other stakeholders within HMC. Oversee all activities linked to germination for the regional area and maintaining a quality management system including accreditation ensuring on time delivery of results.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
• Responsible for harmonization of germination / usable transplant protocols across the regional
hubs as required by the market
• Lead and execute global benchmarking projects for germination in collaboration with marketing
• Lead projects linked to ensuring consistency and reliability of results globally including accreditations
• Follow Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) at global level for germination labs
• Provide germination related expertise at global level, required for product complaints and claims
• Responsible for regional regulatory compliance
• Participates in mid-term plan set-up
• Prepare and forecast budgets for the regional area
• Accountable for global germination activity for the region
• Oversee and ensure maintenance of accreditation systems at regional hub
• Represent HMC at LVS, and other regional and international forums linked to germination
• Responsible for executing global innovation projects
Directly manages: Germination and Greenhouse supervisor, Germination testing expert (AMPA region), Germination lab technologist.
Indirectly manages: Global germination project teams
Education and/or Experience:
• Masters' degree in Crop/Seed Physiology, Agronomy, or other Biological sciences
• 5-7 years' experience in vegetable seed or related field preferred
• 3-5 years' management experience
• Global seed quality management highly desired
• Registered seed technologist preferred
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
Strategic Planning and Analysis - Ability to initiate and manage multiple goal oriented projects with the end result in site. Must have foresight and take the initiative to plan out and accomplish necessary tasks. A strategic thinker and pro-active problem solver. Analyzes the adaptability of emerging new technologies for its use in germination/vigor testing for reliability and consistency Capacity to conduct and present comprehensive analysis in the business context.
Technical Skills –. Expertise in the application of germination testing and impact in different market and climate conditions. Strong knowledge and understanding of production practices and effect on germination testing for reliability and consistency. Experience with MRP integrated/linked testing software programs and report generation, and good working abilities in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Proficiency in data summary and reporting. Strong project management skills.
Interpersonal Skills - Demonstrated strong oral and written communication skills. Ability to work across all levels of the organization. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from executive management, peers and other stakeholders. Ability to foster cooperation and interaction between employees on an international level.
Teamwork - Team player with a positive attitude. Ability to build trust with all functional areas within the organization. Ability to effectively participate on multi-disciplinary teams.
Judgment - Exhibits sound and accurate judgment. Accountable for decisions made within the scope of responsibility, with the focus on meeting established short term and long term goals and objectives. Ability to critically evaluate and troubleshoot complex problems is essential.
Professionalism - Highly self-motivated individual, possessing strong organizational skills. Results oriented. Deadline focused and motivated. Possess a high amount of integrity.
Adaptability - Able to adjust to frequent change, delays, or unexpected events. Comfortable with fast-paced, challenging environment. Ability to plan, organize and prioritize work.
Attendance/Punctuality - Ensures work responsibilities are completed in a timely manner.
Dependability - Self-directed, with the ability to work independently as well as with groups.
555 Codoni Avenue, Modesto, CA 95357, États-Unis
Minimum level of education required
Minimum level of experience required
5 years or more