SUPPORT FUNCTIONS - FINANCE
Regular Full Time
Vilmorin-Mikado Mexico is opening a new position of Financial Analyst. The ideal candidate will be heavily involved with supporting the operational strategy of the organizations. Financial analysis and analytics will contribute to the overall business direction, objectives impacting all functions of the organization. The position will play a critical role in providing management with an assessment of historical and forward-looking financial performance, including analysis of business performance and trends, risks and opportunities, and communication of business insights.
Eagerness to learn the business along with genuine curiosity of our industry will be critical to succeed in this function. Ideal candidate will demonstrate innovation and will see to expand key performance drivers. This role requires a self-starter who has driven projects from inception to completion with minimal supervision.
The ideal candidate will possess a strong quantitative background and analytical mindset with advanced modeling abilities and superior attention to detail.
Where you will contribute:
A. Business Partnering and Support
· Day-to-day business partnering and support tasks for the sales, development, supply chain, and research teams.
· Support human resources local and Unit efforts, working with Unit Director of HR and with local HR person, including headcount monitoring, compliance and reporting.
· Act as a consultant and/or be the key contact for potential corporate financial moves or projects (including JDE, Nautilus, PaperGreen etc).
B. Lead core FP&A activities
Develop and prepare reporting and dashboards for financial and business review meetings that succinctly summarize key insights on historical performance as well as provide recommendations on actionable insights to enable business partners to act.
Partner with operation and finance leaderships to define relevant KPIs and establish or review the framework for ongoing reporting, analysis, and proper follow up of those KPIs.
· Develop, analyze, and interpret statistical and accounting information to appraise operating results in terms of profitability, performance against budget/forecast, and other matters bearing on the fiscal soundness and operating effectiveness of the organization.
Oversee the process of recording transactions by department and compare costs incurred to budget/forecast.
Prepare rolling-forecast incorporating historical results and future assumptions.
Prepare monthly, quarterly, and annual financial reporting and related commentary, including BU and Group reporting using reporting tools such as SAP BFC, JD Edwards Excel Reporting.
Coordinate the annual budget/forecast process via Hyperion in conjunction with the Unit Finance Director and the General Manager.
Partner with the Business Unit FP&A teams to identify & summarize key variance drivers to plan, forecast, and Budget.
· Provide monthly AR aging reports to the sales department and follow up on past due invoices to ensure an efficient cash collection, including reviewing and managing the customer’s credit holds.
· Manage customer credit, determining appropriate limits with Sales Representatives and General Manager and in compliance with corporate guidelines, addressing customer holds, working with outside credit agencies, and performing an annual review.
· Monitor seed inventory level and movements, inventory costing and evaluate the reserve requirement. Advise management regarding variances versus budget/forecast.
In interaction with the Accounting Manager, prepare the maintenance records of the fixed assets and the preparation of the biannual physical fixed asset inventory.
In interaction with the Accounting Manager, assist the Unit Finance Director in establishing major economic objectives and policies. Including impairment testing analysis, transfer pricing application and follow-up, due diligence, participation with global policy development and other specifics.
Reports to: General Manager (Administrative report)
America Unit Finance Director (Functional report)
Internal relations: All employees of Vilmorin-Mikado
Group Limagrain Finance and Tax Departments
Finance, Human Resources and Legal Departments
External relations: Federal, State and City Agencies, Auditors,
Banks, Credit Agencies, Tax Consultants.
Education and/or Experience
· BA/BS Degree in Accounting, Finance or related major.
· Fluent in English mandatory
· 5+ years of experience in financial management.
· Excellent computer skills, including MS Office Excel and PowerPoint
· Excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
· Knowledge of Mexican GAAP and IFRS.
· Knowledge in French language a plus.
Blvd. Peña Flor Angel Aniel #1102, B2 y B3. Ciudad del Sol. Santiago de Qro, Qro. CP 76116.
Minimum level of education required
· Management and Administration
· International Sales
· Technical & Production
Minimum level of experience required
3 years or more
Education and/or Experience
• BA/BS Degree in Accounting, Finance or related major.
• Fluent in English mandatory
• 5+ years of experience in financial management.
• Excellent computer skills, including MS Office Excel and PowerPoint
• Excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
• Knowledge of Mexican GAAP and IFRS.
• Knowledge in French language a plus.
· English (3 - Professional)
· Spanish (3 - Professional)
Position start date