SUPPORT FUNCTIONS - FINANCE
Regular Full Time
The Accounts Payable Associate is responsible for managing the entire accounts payable process: entering invoices for payment, following up with internal customers and with vendors, ensuring that all operating expenses are entered properly, producing check runs; finalizing month-end closing, and managing the entire flow of AP through to the GL. The expectations of this position also include cross-training in other areas of the department. Assist Staff Accountant with month-end closing and reconciliations as related to AP.
• Take ownership of AP process and work on continuous improvement to improve timeliness, accuracy, and efficiencies.
• Accurately verify, code, and enter all payable invoices daily.
• Create an open-AP listing each week for payment processing approval.
• Process a payment run as necessary that includes printing, matching, and mailing checks.
• Enter payments in AP for wires and other electronic debits (ACH) daily as needed.
• Review and reconcile all vendor statements to ensure payments are applied properly.
• Prepare annual 1099's.
• Run and reconcile month end aging and distribution reports and as needed.
• Monthly payable accruals, as needed.
• Filing, typing, phones, and other general office duties as required.
• Maintain usage logs/reports for the annual CSR report.
• Purchase order control and management.
• Expense report verification and approval follow-up per company policy.
• Credit card payment control management using Notilus expense reporting system.
• New employee expense report policy training.
• Maintain vendor profile/setup in the accounting system, including meeting vendor requirements such as VNA credit information and W-9 collecting and tracking.
• Work with AR to keep the credit information current.
• Train as backup for other accounting roles and assist as necessary.
• Other duties as assigned.
A. College degree with preferred business or accounting major. A minimum High school diploma and some college or equivalent with experience.
B. Accounting and/or AP experience
C. Basic office environment experience (phones, copying, faxing, filing, etc.)
D. Computer skills (working knowledge of MS Word, Excel, Internet, E-mail)
3 Harris Place, Salinas, CA 95336
Minimum level of education required
· Management and Administration
Minimum level of experience required
2 years or more
Good attendance and punctuality (may occasionally require extended hours)
A. Follow office procedures
B. Work completed in a timely fashion, including filing and input of daily transactions.
C. Work well with peers and vendors while maintaining a positive attitude
D. Professional conduct and appearance
E. Good organization skills and ability to prioritize work
F. Good verbal and written communication skills
G. Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
H. Complete work with minimum supervision and perform tasks with accuracy
I. Exercise good judgment, strategic and tactical planning
English (4 - Fluent)
Position start date