Liebherr Mining Equipment Newport News Co. of Newport News, Virginia, USA produces large dumper trucks for the mining industry.
The Test Engineer assists in testing components and systems for use in mining equipment.
· Works with Engineers and Technicians performing tests on mining products, equipment, or systems.
· Participates in Engineering Development Program.
· Follows established test procedures to perform engineering tests.
· Work independently or as a team member with other engineers, technicians, and field personnel on projects.
· Writes technical reports of analytical test results and observations.
· Sets up data acquisition equipment and sensors in preparation for testing activities.
· Level I : Bachelor’s degree (B.S.) in mechanical engineering or related engineering discipline, Associates degree (A.S.) in engineering related field with three years experience, six years progressive engineering experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Level II : Bachelor’s degree (B.S.) in mechanical engineering or related engineering discipline with two years experience; Associates degree (A.S.) in engineering related field with five years experience, eight years progressive engineering experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Level III : Bachelor’s degree (B.S.) in mechanical engineering or related engineering discipline with four years experience, Associate’s degree (A.S.) in engineering related field with six years experience, fourteen years progressive engineering experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Knowledge of drafting tools or Computer-Aided Design (CAD) or drafting equipment and software.
· Knowledge of basic electrical and computer concepts.
· Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance manuals, and engineering test procedures.
· Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as algebra, calculus, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry.
· Ability to apply basic engineering concepts to practical situations.
· Ability to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
· Additional Requirements:
· Expected to travel to customer or supplier sites either nationally and internationally up to 30%.
· Ability to complete and maintain mine certifications or safety training such as Mine Safety and Health Administration (MSHA) hazard training.
· Ability to obtain and maintain a valid driver’s license and passport.
An interesting and ambitious role in a successful international company. We offer a secure work environment with a comprehensive benefits package that includes major medical, dental and vision insurance, 401K plan with company match, paid vacation and personal days and competitive salary.
Applications are only accepted via the online-portal www.liebherr.com .
Liebherr Mining Equipment Newport News Co.