Description de l'offre
A vacancy has arisen within our Biggleswade Crane Workshop for an Apprentice Engineer - Harbour Mobile Cranes on a 4 year Apprenticeship Programme. To undertake a formal apprenticeship within the Maritime crane environment of Liebherr-Great Britain with a view to a long-term career whilst working within the Company’s key result areas; Business Performance, Customer Focus, People and Teamwork, Leadership.
· To undertake a formal apprenticeship within the Maritime crane environment and undertake structured work based training.
· To attend designated training courses to augment the work-based training.
· To complete all necessary NVQ qualifications and additional peripheral but relevant qualifications necessary for competence within the Maritime crane engineering environment.
· To focus as a priority on all the company’s Maritime Crane Customers as well as become familiar with and support customers with other product types.
· To participate in the early stages of the effective processing of warranty claims and report on technical matters that might impact on the outcome of warranty claims.
· To investigate specific customer problems on a project by project basis, providing technical reports as may be requested from time to time.
· To undertake all duties predominately in the United Kingdom but also be prepared to travel and work outside of this territory as required from time to time.
· To ensure that as far as possible any commercial risks to the company are eliminated when dealing with customers and suppliers.
· In all activities to ensure the Safety, Quality, Environmental, HR, Financial and all other operational policies of the company are adhered to and promoted and that company procedures, both operational and administrative, are maintained.
The successful candidate will require the following:
· 4 GSCE’s or equivalent at ‘C’ grade or above (or equivalent) in English, Mathematics and preferably a science based subject.
· Demonstrate a passion for the subject, the industry and your own personal development.
· To be able to travel overseas as required.
· Be articulate and able to communicate confidently.
· Strong interpersonal skills.
· Smart and well presented.
· Flexible approach to work.
What we are offering
The opportunity to work with the industry-leading manufacturer, secure and progressive work environment, competitive salary and benefits, training and personal development
Job Specific Requirements
This role has been deemed, by Risk Assessment as being of a “Safety-Critical” nature”. and will require the successful applicantto undergo a “Safety-critical” medical.
Liebherr-Great Britain Ltd.