At Lidl, we have over 650 stores that rely on the round-the-clock hard work of our warehouse teams to make sure they have all the products they need to sell to customers. As a warehouse operative, you'll quickly become a dab-hand at the job once you've completed your basic training. That's because the core tasks of order picking, repacking and shipping our stock to stores remain the same every day of the year. The challenge comes from working quickly, listening to your headset, picking the right stock every time, stacking it perfectly for deliveries and wrapping it tightly to be loaded onto the lorries. You'll need to take pride in a job well done. Making sure the products arrive at our stores in perfect condition takes great concentration all the way through a demanding shift.
Please note that as part of your application you will be asked to complete three exercises taking less than 20 minutes, designed to provide us with a more in-depth understanding of you and your potential as a member of our team. Should you be successful at this stage you will then be invited for a face to face interview.
What will you do?
· Carefully check goods and get them moving into the warehouse
· Move and load all kinds of food and non-food products
· Make sure the stock is processed to the highest standards
· Be happy to work in cold environments
· Keep everything clean and safe
What will you need?
· Experience in a warehouse environment is a big help
· Great maths skills and a keen eye for detail
· To be confident working with moving equipment
· A valid reach truck license if you're applying for a Reach Truck role
· Self-motivation, a can-do attitude and a sense of pride in a job well done
What do we offer?
You will be well-rewarded for your work at Lidl. Not only will you be part of a secure, growing business, we'll make sure you have quality training and progression opportunities if you want to develop a career with us. As well as your competitive hourly rate, starting at £8.45 with the potential to earn up to £9.79 per hour (*subject to experience), you will also get 30 days' holiday, a pension scheme, discount on our products and corporate discounts on holidays, days out, cinema tickets and plenty more.