Our Marketing function delivers our Brand house which focuses on the business objectives to increase market share whilst remaining customer centric in everything we do! Our teams create campaigns that drive brand affinity and drive trade driving messages ensuring we are true to our brand promise – Big on Quality, Lidl on Price! We also strive for distinctiveness to advocate our point of difference through signage and leaflets we create in store to the billboards and TV campaigns we create out of home!
What you'll do
The Marketing Graduate Programme will take you through an intense, demanding but incredibly rewarding two years of structured development.
You will start off in Brand & Strategy, which is the division looking after strategic planning, writing creative briefs, managing our creative agencies and aligning activities into tiers. They act as brand guardians ensuring brand integrity is maintained as well as activating strategic partnerships to amplify strategic ambitions.
You will then move into our Campaigns & Media team who are responsible for project managing all brand, trade driving & business as usual campaigns from development to implementation. They are also involved in the production and delivery of broadcast advertising and online videos. They are also responsible for our social media, influencer and community campaigns as well as ensuring we constantly innovate campaigns. The media team are responsible for planning and buying media ensuring accuracy and clarity of the annual media plan.
You will then rotate to In-House Production who create communications for owned media (leaflets, signage, billboards, press, and local store marketing). They work hard in planning and executing styled and packshot photography and mirroring promotions and brand communications on our digital channels.
The final months will be spent in either Brand & Strategy or Campaigns & Media.
What you'll need
· A 2:2 degree or above in either a Business or Marketing discipline by September 2020 or within the last 3 years
· Passion for working as part of a team and ability to work independently
· Desire to learn, develop and challenge yourself in a demanding and dynamic environment
· A naturally analytical mind-set with plenty of common sense
· Excellent standard of numeracy
· Entrepreneurial flair, adaptable and highly driven
· Decisive and able to cope with the pressure of demanding targets and deadlines
· Communicates confidently and effectively
· Computer literate
· Already live - or happy to relocate - within a one-hour commute of Lidl GB head office
· German language skill desirable but not essential
What you'll receive
This isn't getting by. This is getting what you deserve. Working at Lidl is rewarding, in every sense, because we give you the training to succeed in your role and plenty of opportunities to progress your career here. We're proud to offer a competitive salary of £37,000 plus an additional 10% of your salary as a non-contractual London Weighting Allowance and a generous holiday allowance. Save for your future with our pension scheme, or save today with an in store discount, plus extra discounts on days out, cinema tickets and much more.
This opportunity is at our Head Office in Wimbledon, London.
The start date will be in September 2020.