As part of Lidl UK's wider responsible sourcing strategy, the business is striving to deliver a leading and ambitious ethical trade programme to help ensure that people at all levels of the business's supply chain are treated with dignity and respect. Within this role, you will be embedded within the buying team and working across all buying categories to implement human rights due diligence in the supply chain, mitigating sourcing risks and building brand resilience. You will also work closely with and support the wider CSR and communications teams and be involved in multi-stakeholder engagement, acting as an ambassador for the business at external events
What will you do?
· Ensuring the business's ethical trade KPIs are met through monitoring the performance of tier one suppliers and supporting suppliers to meet compliance requirements
· Producing monthly ethical trade progress reports
· Developing and embedding business policies
· Raising capacity of suppliers through initiatives, engagement and 121 support
· Supporting buyers on ethical trade issues through tender processes
· Mapping the wider supply chain and understanding salient risks
· Engaging in programmes and initiatives in priority supply chains
· Identifying training and capacity building needs
· Ensuring a credible approach to tackling modern slavery strategy
· Progressing the strategy and identifying future goals and targets
· Engaging with key external stakeholders, including NGOs, government, trade associations and suppliers.
What will you need?
· Solid understanding of the human rights agenda and how this impacts retailers
· Experience of working within food supply chains
· Proven experience in a similar Ethical Trade roleExperience building and maintaining strong relationships internally, especially across buying teams and externally with NGOs and multi stakeholder initiatives
· Powerful influencing and communication skills with the ability to liaise effectively with buyers and suppliers
· Strong project management skills
· Knowledge of SEDEX systems
· German language skills are desirable but not essential
· Degree educated in a relevant subject is desirable, but relevant experience will also be considered
What do we offer?
· Salary starting from £28,420 with the potential to earn up to £38,000 per annum (subject to experience)
· 10% London Weighting (non-contractual) for employees working within the M25
· 35 days holiday per annum (including bank holidays)
· Private medical insurance
· Contributory pension scheme
· 10% discount on all Lidl products, in all stores throughout the UK
· Access to corporate discounts on a range of products and services (including holidays, home and garden products, leisure activities and more)
· Initial training and on-going development from an experienced team member
· Brilliant opportunities to take on more responsibility and long term career prospects