At an exciting time of growth for Lidl UK, we are aiming to more than double our existing store portfolio. This role provides fantastic exposure to board level and our International business.
Our Head Office Property Department is strengthening their team and is looking for an enthusiastic, highly motivated and analytical person determined to build a career in a challenging international environment to join the Property Organisation Team as a Junior Consultant. Help turn our expansion plans into reality!
For the successful candidate, this is an ideal opportunity to join a fast paced and efficient team at the forefront of our company's ambitious development plans in a position which offers both responsibility and variety.
What will you do?
· Working at a national strategic level to drive forward our expansion plans
· Creating property-specific data analyses and presentations for the UK & International Boards
· Comprehensive planning of national investment and expense budgets required to meet our expansion goals
· Monitoring property related costs and reporting any deviations
· Providing quality assurance and training for all of our in-house property systems
· Providing support to Regional Property Offices on property systems and procedures
· Being the main contact anchor between Lidl International, Head Office, Regional Property Offices and other Lidl departments/peers (regular liaison with all parties management levels)
· Visiting Lidl International for systems training and managing system rollouts and updates in the UK
· Data plausibility checks (investigating quality & accuracy) and pursuing queries with Lidl International and Regional Property Offices
· Understanding the company’s ‘bigger picture’ and the property role within the organisation as a whole
What will you need?
· Degree educated
· Excellent command of the English language, German language desirable but not essential
· Excellent communication skills
· Confident in supporting executive management
· Passion for working with numbers
· Excellent attention to detail
· A self-motivated and proactive individual with a can-do attitude and the ability to work on projects and solve problems independently.
· Ability to work independently, but also as part of a team, to tight deadlines and to deliver accurate results
· Good Microsoft Office skills (particularly Excel)
· Previous property experience beneficial
· Driver’s licence advantageous but not essential
What do we offer?
· £28,420 - £36,540 per annum (subject to experience)
· 10% London Weighting (non-contractual) for employees working within the M25
· 35 days holiday per annum (including bank holidays)
· Private medical insurance
· Contributory pension scheme
· 10% discount on all Lidl products, in all stores throughout the UK
· Access to corporate discounts on a range of products and services (including holidays, home and garden products, leisure activities and more)
· Initial training and on-going development from an experienced team member
· Brilliant opportunities to take on more responsibility and long term career prospects