Our huge distribution centres stock every product we sell in our stores. And they never stop. 24 hours a day, we make sure the right products are received from our suppliers, picked and packed, loaded on to trucks and shipped to our stores. There are many different warehouse sections to keep track of, including fruit and veg, meat and poultry, alcohol and frozen goods.
As a Desk Clerk, you'll crunch the numbers, sort the spreadsheets and become a dab hand with databases. You might be processing incoming and outgoing orders, contacting stores, entering data into our systems or producing reports. Your accuracy and attention to detail will mean every store receives exactly the stock they need, when they need it. You’ll keep track of deliveries coming in from suppliers and going out to our stores. It's fast-paced and everyone has to give it their all to keep up with the non-stop orders coming in from across your region. You’ll need to be the type of person who’s happy keeping everyone in check and can calmly deal with any issue, even if that means rolling up your sleeves and helping pick the products.
Please note that as part of your application you will be asked to complete three exercises taking less than 20 minutes, designed to provide us with a more in-depth understanding of you and your potential as a member of our team. Should you be successful at this stage you will then be invited for a face to face interview.
What will you do?
· Process incoming store orders, checking carefully for errors
· Help the Assistant Team Manager with training, daily essentials, databases and stock
· Control your areas of the warehouse, giving the management team a hand when needed
· Ensure you’re working closely with drivers, loading bay teams and selection pickers
· Keep costs down by maximising productivity
What will you need?
· Previous administration experience, working in a fast-paced environment
· Excellent computer skills including Excel and Word
· Great organisation, initiative and a sharp eye for detail
· To be a confident communicator, fluent in spoken and written English
· Flexibility about work times, including early mornings or late nights
What do we offer?
You'll be well rewarded as a key player in the Lidl team. As well as being part of a strong, fast-growing business, we'll make sure you have quality training and real opportunities to build your career. On top of your competitive salary, starting from£20,300with the ability to earn up to£28,928 (*dependent on experience),you'll get 30 days' holiday, a pension, discounts on all Lidl products and on a range of holidays, days out, cinema tickets and plenty more.