With over 700 stores, 12 regional warehouses and over 20,000 employees in the UK alone, it's clear we don't like to stand still.
And it doesn't stop there as we have ambitious plans for the future, both in the UK and overseas. That's where you come in. We're always looking for motivated people who are ready to join us in making our stores, goods and shopping experience better than ever.
We're a proud bunch here at Lidl. Proud of our success, proud of our growth, and proud of our commitment to achieving our goals - and you will be too.
In our Team it is less about ‘I' and more about ‘We'. We know that through teamwork we can accomplish anything we set our minds to. We are all part of a motivated team who value, challenge and support each other, all of us unique but pulling in the same direction.
We are looking for German speakers to join a variety of teams within our Buying Administration department based in Wimbledon, South West London.
This is a challenging, fast-paced, important department within our Head Office and supports many internal stakeholders (such as supply chain, regional admin and buying teams), communicates with external suppliers, maintains our bespoke systems and also acts as a key contact point for our international Head Office in Germany.
There are several different paths you could take within the department – from writing contracts, liaising with suppliers and other Lidl countries through to updating and maintaining our retail systems. Throughout the recruitment process, we will work with you to find out which area you would be best suited to but you can read some more about each team below.
What will you do?
There are several opportunities within the department currently. The first role is within our Assistance team. Here you'll be responsible for communicating with our suppliers and our Buyers to collect various pieces of data. This could be information about the supplier themselves or the products we'll be selling, for example. You'll be a key link between our Buying teams and external suppliers and you'll also be responsible for communicating with other Lidl countries ensuring the data they have is accurate.
Once the Assistance team has gathered the supplier and product information, this is passed on to our Contracts team . Within this team, you'll be responsible for inputting all of this data into our database and creating contracts for the suppliers. You'll need to be extremely accurate and detail focused as it's critical that these contracts are drawn up correctly.
All this data is then processed in various bespoke retail systems and databases by Master Data teams. Members of these 3 smaller teams have to work efficiently and with accuracy to ensure all the relevant products are available for our regions to order, suppliers are paid into correct bank accounts and our customers can enjoy Super Weekend Deals, among multiple other tasks.
The final area of the department is our Audits team . You'll need a meticulous eye for detail as you'll be checking the quality of the data for all buying processes and documents. You'll be making sure that the procedures are followed according to our international guidelines and will audit the contracts that have been created. This is a role that comes with a great amount of responsibility as you're the final check on business critical documents and processes!
What will you need?
You might be an experienced administrator looking for a change. Or perhaps you have recently left school or college and are looking to pursue a career in administration. You might even have had a career break and now want to get back into day to day working life. Whatever your background, we would like to hear from you!
The key skills you'll need in our Buying Administration department are:
· Team player with can-do-attitude
· An exceptional eye for detail and ability to spot mistakes
· Ability to multi-task
· Excellent communication skills
· Ability to work independently and as a wider team
· At least intermediate German language skills (both written and spoken)
What do we offer?
· Salary starting from £20,000 with the potential to earn up to £28,000 per annum
· Additional 10% of salary as London Weighting
· 30 days holiday (including Bank Holidays)
· Potential for flexible working hours
· Contributory pension scheme
· 10% discount in all Lidl stores
· Training and development opportunities
· Childcare vouchers
If this sounds good then here's how to apply:
· Complete your application – tell us about you, your motivations to join the team and upload your CV and cover letter by clicking the apply button
· If successful at application stage, we'll invite you to a phone interview. This will last around 30 minutes and will be a member of our Head Office Recruitment Team
· After the phone interview we'll ask you to complete some online tests – this should take no more than 25 minutes
· If you pass the phone interview and online test you'll be invited to attend an interview at our Head Office in Wimbledon. We'll provide all of the details you need at this stage