Our huge distribution centres stock every product we sell in our stores. And they never stop. 24 hours a day, our teams receive and manage products from across our many different warehouse sections, including fruit and veg, meat and poultry, alcohol and frozen goods. Our Goods In team check every single product as it arrives from our suppliers and make sure it's stored perfectly for the rest of the teams to pick, pack and ship to our stores.
As Assistant Warehouse Team Manager, you'll often be in action long before sunrise, motivating a mighty team of Warehouse Operatives across several different areas of the warehouse. You'll make sure they know that we rely on every single one of them to get the job done right. Your positive attitude will shine through when things get tricky. You'll need to be assertive and happy handling strong personalities.
It's time-pressured and tough, but you'll stay calm and keep track of every detail. With a taste for real responsibility, you'll lead with results in mind and ensure you get the best performance out of your team. We can promise you days (and nights) that are full-on and fast-paced.
Please note that your application will include three online exercises, designed to provide us with a more in-depth understanding of you as a potential future leader for Lidl. To find out more and even conduct a practice exercise, please feel free to visit the following website: http://getstarted.cut-e.com
The process will also include a telephone interview and face-to-face selection event. We look forward to receiving your application.
What will you do?
· Check in every single product as it arrives – staying swift but accurate
· Support our team of pickers by making sure every product goes exactly where it should
· Assist the Team Manager with merchandising and managing the warehouse inventory
· Help to recruit, train and develop your team, planning rotas to make best use of shifts
· Improve ways of working to boost productivity and focus on achieving quality results
· Champion Health & Safety, making sure everything stays clean and tidy
What will you need?
· Experience of leading a team and a results-driven work record
· Outstanding organisation and multi-tasking skills to prioritise conflicting deadlines
· Natural leadership to manage conflict and get the best out of everyone
· An eye for detail, great at controlling costs, rotas and transport plans
· An adaptable communication style to get your message across to anyone
· Heaps of ambition and a desire to succeed
What do we offer?
We'll reward you handsomely as a key player in the Lidl team. As well as being part of a robust, fast-growing business, we'll give you great training and real opportunities to build your career. On top of your competitive salary, starting from £35,150 with the ability to earn up to £47,500 (*dependent on experience), you'll enjoy 30 days' holiday (35 days after 2 years), a pension, and discounts on all Lidl products and on a range of holidays, days out, cinema tickets and plenty more.