Over the past few years we have built our ambitious sustainability strategy setting out our plans and goals to become a more sustainable business. Within this, our vision is clear, we want to ensure good food is accessible for everyone and are now looking for an individual with a real passion for sustainability to help us achieve this.
Working within our small and strong CSR team, you will be responsible for developing and delivering a range of leading programmes from healthy eating to tackling food waste. You will be engaging with almost every area of the business, as well as building powerful relationships externally.
This exciting new role presents a great opportunity to help shape and drive the sustainability agenda at a leading retailer.
What will you do?
· Support the delivery and management of a range of CSR projects aimed at delivering the sustainability strategy, such as food waste reduction and redistribution, responsible sourcing, healthy eating and plastic reduction and recyclability
· Lead the data collection and management. This includes sourcing from internal and external stakeholders, implementing new reporting processes, data analysis and quality assurance
· Support the delivery of internal and external reporting commitments, generating and researching content, proof reading and providing supporting evidence/data
· Support major fundraising campaigns to meet our charity partner commitments
· Engage with both internal and external (i.e. NGOs, trade associations, industry partners) stakeholders; attending internal meetings and external events. Support the organisation of internal events
· Develop internal and external communications as required, such as presentations, briefing packs, website content and letters
· Responding to ad hoc queries from our partners and other organisations
· Some general administrative support for the wider team including invoicing and processing funds
What will you need?
· Solid understanding of CSR issues relevant to the retail sector
· Displays a passion and drive for sustainability
· Proven experience in a similar CSR role is desirable but not essential
· Strong project management skills
· Ability to handle and analyse complex data
· Degree educated in a relevant subject
· German language skills are desirable but not essential
· Experience building and maintaining strong relationships internally and externally
What do we offer?
· Salary from £26,000 to £36,540 depending on experience
· An additional 10% of your annual salary as a non-contractual London weighting benefit
· 30 days’ holiday per annum pro rata (including Bank Holidays)
· A contributory pension scheme
· 10% discount on all Lidl products, in all stores throughout the UK
· Access to corporate discounts on a range of products and services (including holidays, home and garden products, leisure activities and more)
· Initial training and on-going development from an experienced team member