Description de l'offre
Our brand new warehouse comes with a brand new canteen! This is managed by our efficient and highly motivated new catering team, who provide breakfast and lunch for the entire warehouse. Now we are looking for an experienced Chef to prepare and cook healthy, balanced meals for our teams. With the added task of managing stock levels, menus and preparation schedules, you will find this role both challenging and rewarding!
Until the doors open, you will train and work in one of our other Distribution Centres in the UK. This means you’ll need to work away during the week when you start the role. To make this as easy as possible for you, we will provide transport, accommodation and food – and your travel time will be paid.
What will you do?
· Preparing and cooking breakfast and lunch for approx 100 people per meal slot, ensuring enough food is prepared for everyone
· Planning and organising meal schedules and menu changes, with consideration for dietary requirements
· Managing food stock levels, while minimising waste
· Sourcing all meal ingredients from our onsite warehouse
· Maintaining food hygiene standards throughout the preparation process
· Reporting any health & safety issues
What will you need?
· Proven experience working as a chef within a commercial kitchen (e.g. a pub, school or similar warehouse canteen) is essential
· Proven experience managing stock levels, menu plans and preparation schedules is essential
· Food safety & Health and Safety level 2 is required
· Level 3 NVQ Diploma in Professional Cookery or similar
· Flexible with working shifts, including weekends
· Extremely well organised with excellent multitasking skills and ability to work well under pressure
· Excellent time management skills and experience working with rotas
· A confident clear communicator with a good standard of written English
· Proactive and able to highlight problems/issues in a timely manner
What do we offer?
You'll be well rewarded as a key player in the Lidl team. As well as becoming part of a strong, fast-growing business, you'll get great training and real opportunities to build your career. On top of your competitive salary, starting from £27,000 (*dependent on experience), you'll enjoy 30 days' holiday (rising to 35 after 2 years of continued service), a pension, plus discounts on all Lidl products and on a range of holidays, days out, cinema tickets and plenty more.