Our Quality Assurance Department is looking for an Assistant Team Manager to join their team in an exciting time of rapid expansion for Lidl. The team have continued to pride themselves on not only meeting, but exceeding the expectations of every customer, through providing products of the highest possible quality across our stores. The Assistant Team Manager will be responsible for managing the analysis testing programme for all Lidl own brand products. The Assistant Team Manager will lead a small team to ensure that testing is completed on time and non-conformances are investigated and closed out with suppliers. This role will ensure that our external laboratories/ partners are working in accordance with Lidl standards and KPI’s are continuously achieved. This role will allow you to utilise your food expertise and proven team management experience to strengthen the vibrant Quality Assurance team!
What will you do?
· Creating monthly sampling plans
· Liaising with labs and warehouses to ensure the correct testing is carried out
· Ensuring testing meets internal criteria
· Maintaining accurate databases of testing information
· Assessing risk and results and action non-conformances
· Reviewing and approving supplier responses
· Liaising with other HO departments on analysis
· Generating monthly / annual reports
· Using key result data for product reviews
· Investigating any supplier/ RDC quality issues
· Investigating and action product withdrawals
What will you need?
· Degree educated or equivalent in a food science/ microbiology related subject
· Microbiology/ laboratory testing knowledge and understanding
· Proven experience working either in food manufacturing or in a retail environment
· Experience managing a small team in a similar position
· Excellent attention to detail
· German language is desirable but not essential
· Full, clean driving licence
What do we offer?
· £28,420 – £35,000 per annum (subject to experience)
· 10% London Weighting benefit (non contractual) for employees working within the M25
· 30 days holiday per annum (pro rata, including Bank Holidays)
· A contributory pension scheme
· 10% discount on all Lidl products, in all stores throughout the UK
· Access to corporate discounts on a range of products and services (including holidays, home and garden products, leisure activities and more)
· Initial training and on-going development from an experienced team member
· Brilliant opportunities to take on more responsibility and long term career prospects