One of the best-known facts about Lidl is that the quality of our fresh produce is second to none! Working hard to manage the supply and availability of this stock throughout the UK is our Fresh Produce department, who are now looking for a vigilant and highly organised individual to join their team on a 12-month Fixed Term basis.
With a keen eye for detail, you will be responsible for the accuracy of our daily stock situation, liaising with our Regional Distribution Centres (RDCs) and suppliers to ensure the smooth running of the Fruit & Veg process, responding to any issues as they arise.
What will you do?
· Acting as the first point of contact for all regional offices and taking charge of incoming emails, phone calls and post
· Regular communication with suppliers and RDCs regarding all freshness related enquiries
· Processing orders and liaising with RDCs regarding stock information and expected orders
· Updating, maintaining and ensuring the accuracy of pricing information using our bespoke systems (WAWI)
· Regular liaison with our Head Office in Germany as well as other internal departments
· Dealing with quality issues as they are reported
· Processing invoices and other ad-hoc administrative tasks
· Saturday and Sunday work is required on a rotation basis to support and monitor the weekend F&V process (approximately every 6 weeks and time is given back in lieu)
What will you need?
· Fluency in English both written and verbal is essential
· Strong Word and Excel skills with a genuine interest in working with numbers
· A confident, ‘can do' attitude with a genuine enthusiasm for working in a busy deadline-driven team environment
· Have a professional telephone manner and the ability to remain polite while being assertive when necessary
· Possess an outstanding eye for detail Strong analytical and numerical skills
· Excellent organisation and communication skills
· The ability to multi-task and prioritise conflicting deadlines
What do we offer?
· £20,300 - £22,330 per annum (subject to experience)
· 10% London Weighting benefit (non contractual) for employees working within the M25
· 30 days holiday per annum (pro rata, including Bank Holidays)
· A contributory pension scheme
· 10% discount on all Lidl products, in all stores throughout the UK
· Access to corporate discounts on a range of products and services (including holidays, home and garden products, leisure activities and more)
· Initial training and on-going development from an experienced team member
· Brilliant opportunities to take on more responsibility and long term career prospects