The MicroStrategy Administrator / Developer will support the administration and development of multiple MicroStrategy environments including Enterprise Data Warehouse, Digital Reporting Mart, and Self Service as well as several mobile applications.
This candidate is responsible designing, developing, and supporting MicroStrategy reports/dashboards based on business requirements. This candidate will have development, test/validation, support and administration tasks within the MicroStrategy environments. These responsibilities include but are not limited to configuring project architecture, developing metrics, attributes, hierarchies, performing user and user group maintenance, monitoring system performance and technical infrastructure and end user and application support responsibilities.
This role requires experience in Data Warehousing and Business Intelligence application technologies. The candidate will need to have a core competency in MicroStrategy 2021 software and architecture, including Clustering, Visual Insights, Enterprise Manager, Intelligence Cubes, Command Manager, Object Manager, Distribution Services, Multisource and Dossiers.
· Maintaining optimal performance of the application, performance monitoring, capacity planning, and tuning for multiple projects.
· Support project schemas and MicroStrategy Administration functions for projects, servers, user & security administration.
· Maintain the MicroStrategy QA environments for testing and evaluation of future application versions and products.
· Manage migration of development, QA and production MicroStrategy projects and objects.
· Perform software installations (patches and upgrades), configuration, backups and recovery.
· Performing application administration, participation in load testing exercises, partnering with the server and network teams to maintain application reliability.
· Interacting effectively with the MicroStrategy vendor and managing open support cases.
· Responsible for effectively applying the use of Desktop, Architect, Administrator, Web, Object Manager, Command Manager, Narrowcaster, Scan MD, MD Doctor, Enterprise manager, Diagnostic Tracing, and Integrity Manager.
· 2 – 4 years of experience administrating and supporting MicroStrategy
· 1- 3 years of designing, developing, and testing MicroStrategy reports / dashboards
· 1+ years of experience working on web and mobile projects
· 1+ years working in an Agile environment
· Proven functional and technical understanding of MicroStrategy tools and concepts
· Understanding of retail technology and supporting business processes
· Demonstrated analytical creative problem-solving capabilities
· Demonstrated ability to work as a team player; leading, thinking outside the box, encouraging group consensus and recommending the best solution
· Proven ability to work in a fast paced environment, meet deadlines, and perform at high standards with limited supervision
· Experience with Agile applications, JIRA and Confluence
· Proven SQL skills on platforms such as Teradata, Oracle, SQL Server, Snowflake
· Excellent interpersonal skills necessary to work effectively with all levels of the organization and geographically distributed teams including offshore
· Excellent verbal and written communication and client partnership capability
· Experience working with MicroStrategy in a cloud environment
· Experience working with ETL tools such as Talend, IBM Datastage, Informatica, Abinito
· Experience working with other reporting applications such as Tableau or PowerBI
· Experience working with REST API
· Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience in information technology
An equal opportunity employer, we do not discriminate in hiring or terms and conditions of employment because of an individual’s race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status or any other protected category recognized by state, federal or local laws. We only hire individuals authorized for employment in the United States.