The Inventory Deployment Analyst is responsible for the deployment of finished goods from various distribution centers to stores for an assigned book of business. The Analyst will use the merchandise plan to ensure that inventory is managed to constraints and targets that are aligned with the business strategy. The Analyst will ensure optimum inventory levels to maximize sales and margins and to achieve targeted levels of inventory productivity, in support of overall product and company profitability. The Inventory Deployment Analyst will collaborate with the internal logistics and distribution center team on orders and with flow planning on movement of product. This position reports to the Manager, Inventory Deployment or Sr. Inventory Deployment Analyst.
• Based on the merchandise plan, formulate an inventory deployment plan, and suggested order quantities to support it.
• Set and maintain store deployment parameters, taking into account constraints and inputs such as inventory levels, lead time, timing of merchandise delivery, minimum presentation quantity/safety stock, distribution size and frequency.
• Partner with internal logistics and distribution center teams on lead time, case packs, and capacity.
• Manage inventory based on checkbook targets.
• Partner with flow planning and distribution centers on management of inventory distribution across multiple locations.
• Collaborate with the Merchandise Planner on buys and re-trending of plans.
• Uses merchandise plans to propose revised orders and deployment of inventory.
• Identify and address future inventory issues to reduce impact to the business (e.g. out-of-stock, low/high stock).
• Manage inventory in support of item launch, promotions, new stores, and relocations.
• Review and analyze weekly store performance/inventory levels; recommend changes to forecasts.
• Analyze past performance to identify opportunities and create corrective action for improving inventory management performance.
• Partner with Space Planning and Merchants to recommend presentation levels on.
• Bachelor degree in business, finance, statistics, operations, supply chain
• 1-3 years of inventory management, replenishment and allocation or store experience
• Experience in high volume, multi-location distribution environment or equivalent MRP experience in multi-plant manufacturing environment preferred
• Retail supply chain knowledge
• Strong communication and negotiation skills – working with multiple partners to resolve exceptions and negotiate best alternatives.
• Optimization mindset – designs and develops plans to optimize decisions
• Problem-solving skills – proactively recommends solutions to various stakeholders; makes decisions with limited information
• Strong analytical skills – ability to analyze and understand quantitative data
• Strong computer skills (PC-based); demonstrated ability to learn and apply new software technology. Systems used: Manugistics, SAP, Microstrategy
• Understands and executes against business strategy and goals
• Strong prioritization skills
An equal opportunity employer, we do not discriminate in hiring or terms and conditions of employment because of an individual’s race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status or any other protected category recognized by state, federal or local laws. We only hire individuals authorized for employment in the United States.