Position Description: We are looking for an experienced, process-minded developer to lead front end development activities on a new agile product team. In addition to writing code, this role will be focused on enabling agile best practices, and contributing to team expectations and outputs. This role is perfect for someone who loves to dive-in, organize a team, and evangelize “the art of what is possible”. The ideal candidate builds cohesion and comradery with a variety of stakeholders and partners within and outside of the development discipline.
• Demonstrates experience with all aspects of Agile software development.
• Works with Project Owners and Product Analysts to build and maintain a product backlog.
• Works closely with stakeholders on the development of requirements and user stories.
• Analyzes the business requirements and determines the technical feasibility of implementing them.
• Understands business goals and takes them into account when making technical decisions.
• Delivers high quality code using modern development languages while adhering to industry best practices.
• Contributes to code base modernization and maintenance process.
• Incorporates testing and thinks about reliability as a natural part of delivering working software.
• Can break down large initiatives into incrementally, implementable deliverables.
• Keeps up to date on emerging trends, technologies, and market developments; helps develop strategy to address opportunities.
• Coaches and mentors front end development teammates.
• Participates in a collaborative, supportive, and fun environment to bring out the best work in those around you.
• Provides effective and accurate technical feedback in code reviews.
• Works well with cross-disciplinary teams.
• Collaborates with cross functional teams, including UX, to create functional and engaging product experiences.
• Able to positively influence partners and stakeholders, both directly and indirectly.
• Strong foundational knowledge of modern front-end technologies
• Significant experience working with CSS preprocessing
• Understand how to work with modern frameworks & libraries (e.g., Angular 2+, React, Vue, etc.)
• Basic knowledge of working with build automation and continuous integration (Gulp, Grunt, Bamboo, Jenkins)
• Have a strong understanding of SEO principles and accessibility practices (WCAG compliance).
• Ability to work in a fast-paced, multi-tasking environment as a valued team member
• Strong verbal and written communication skills; ability to effectively collaborate with business users
• Desire to learn new technologies and continually expand technical capabilities
• Desire to create something beautiful.
• 5+ years hands-on front end web development
• 2+ years of experience mentoring developers at all levels
• Experience contributing to development projects in a heavily cross-functional environment
• Bachelor’s Degree preferred
• Experience with Salesforce Commerce Cloud/Demandware or other Ecommerce platform, such as Magento/Oracle ATG preferred
• Experience with tools such as Eclipse/Postman/Web Inspector/Splunk/Jira/Confluence
• Strong understanding of UX and Design fundamentals
• Native App Development experience
An equal opportunity employer, we do not discriminate in hiring or terms and conditions of employment because of an individual’s race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, sexual orientation, pregnancy, genetic information, marital status or any other protected category recognized by state, federal or local laws. We only hires individuals authorized for employment in the United States.